Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Casey Stack Laser Safety Seminar - Update info

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    So we're going to go with the Webex solution for Casey's seminar. I plan to do another live test with Casey, and then perhaps one more test with someone in Europe and someone in Australia. (I want to see if we have any bandwidth or connection issues with multiple international users.)

Assuming it all goes well, then we'll open the seminar up to web attendees. So stay tuned!

Adam
    This is great news Adam If you need someone in Australia to undertake the test, I'm more than happy to. Might need to work around our timings, but I'm sure I'll have a number of opportunities to help with this if need be.

Hi Guys,

I'll volunteer for the Australian test. I'm in Perth, Western Australia. I already have webex installed on my laptop, as I use it for work a fair bit.

Cheers.

-Mike

Smile

Mike and Tag;

Excellent! I think I'll enlist the help of both of you to perform the next test. Probably in a couple weeks - I'll let you know.

Also, I'd like to get someone from Europe in on the next WebEx test. So, is anyone available to participate?

I'm thinking something like this: We do it at 5 PM my time, which is GMT-5. So for anyone in the UK, it would be 10 PM, or 11 PM in most of the rest of Europe. On the eastern end of Australia, it would be 8 AM. So that seems like a reasonable time for just about everyone.

The only catch is Daylight Savings Time. Right now, my time is actually GMT-4 because of DST. If everyone else is also on DST, we're golden. I can shift the time forward or back to match. But I don't know about Europe or Australia. Do they use DST as well? We'll need to work this part out in advance.

So, is anyone in Europe interested in participating in the next Webex test?

Adam

Hi Adam,

I'm located in Western Australia, and we don't have daylight savings time. We are in GMT+8.

Kind regards,
    Mike Nye

Hi Adam,

Melbourne is currently GMT+10 (we're in Winter now and thus observing standard time).

7 AM here (4 PM there) would be better for me weekdays (and we're generally a day ahead) due to commuting, otherwise your suggestion of 8 AM here (5 PM there) over the weekend is fine.

Glad to help out if I can

Smile

Ok, thanks for the input guys. Looks like we'll have both ends of Australia covered for the next test.

Still need someone to volunteer from Europe though. Anyone? Anyone? Buehler?

Adam

Is there a cost-per-person yet on the seminar?
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

Smile

Hi Randy;

No, not yet. I was in touch with Casey earlier this week, and he said that he and his secretary are still working out the details of his travel arrangements. (They keep finding cheaper flights!) But I should have something by next week.

Adam

Count me in for sure so long as we're talking about ~$300 or less. Still trying to work out if I'll do the online version or make the drive down. Thanks.

Smile

Definitely less than $300 per person! Probably a little under $100 per person, actually. But I'll have the final cost by next week.

Adam