Page 17 of 31 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Thread: A plea for safety, pl edition.

Leave it to you to be the voice of sanity. Can't argue with any of that really.. I envy your levelheadedness.

I'll be the first to admit that there are times when I most certainly am an asshole. I think this about sums me up: I try to be the nicest guy I can most of the time, until you piss me off. Then I'm a motherfucker and even I can't tell you exactly how I'll react. It's not something I justify or try to deny.. it's just who I am.

Back to the safety dance..

To avoid confusion just attack and insult everyone equally, thats fair ...that is what I do...it is sort of like TWD...typing while drunk...i get it off my chest and then forget about it...UNLESS...there is an opportunity to gouge someone at a later date when opportunity arises. That can be a very satisfying thing...unicorn glitter, up charging, rolling lasers...you know that sort of thing
    Pat B

laserman532 on ebay

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt & selling it in a garage sale.

Cool

Hiya Pat! -

Quote Originally Posted by ElektroFreak View Post
    Well, if he is actually Gary...
    Wait - have we actually CONFIRMED, 100% that "JohnYayas" IS carmangary? It wouldn't seem likely Gary would make this comment:

Quote Originally Posted by JohnYayas View Post
    But, I claim that the level of experience on here is imaginary.
    I would think 'Gary' would know-better than that; he was obviously very familiar with the 'experience-level' in this community... and my counter-point was, 'experience is experience', whether in the basement or doing a public show - if you've bought a Class IV laser (as many here, have) and ONLY done shows for 'Rin-Tin + Gramma in your back-yard', well, that's still 'experience'...

Does that 'experience' make the person a 'professional' or 'expert'? No, and I don't see anyone here 'claiming' to be, unless / until they are, so I took exception to his assertions...

So, you're gonna get all over my back when, my interaction with "John" was all BEFORE the 'revelation' this was really Gary was even proposed?

And even if it IS Gary - did I deride or have anything negative to say about 'Spaghetti' (which, you're right, is terrific, btw...) and/or Garys' contributions to this forum?? I was interacting with 'John' soley on the basis of his comments / veiled-snipes, in this thread, and I'm pretty-sure that is between 'John' and I...

But if this is somehow a continuation of our tussles, over this subject, um:

...or you can leave me be. I'm fine with either. Your choice.
    I chose the latter... I made some points, You made some points, I chose to ignore your insulting comments,

And what is this "verification" and who is to perform it? Do we parade them each before his royal highness dlsi_jon so that he may point out those who are worthy and banish those who aren't?
    ...and 'move on'... Maybe you should do the same, since, IMO, all you're doing is embarrasing yourself by not...

What great, affordable product have you created for the hobbyist community lately? I'm "standing-by to learn"..
    http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...4&d=1227598975 ...The 3-year, field-tested design for-which, was posted for free, and:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSLS_KTPCntrlr_v3.JPG 
Views:	41 
Size:	270.9 KB 
ID:	17646Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSLS_LS40_BShut Kit2.JPG 
Views:	26 
Size:	307.6 KB 
ID:	17647... which I hope Clan will be kind-enough to review, once he gets his 'head out of all those projectors...

Did you have any other questions?

I'm *sorry* I have not developed some great software package, etc, but I do what I can to help...

How you treat me at first is how I treat you afterwords. I never just randomly attack people.
    Nor did I 'randomly attack' you - I responded to the (IMO) unfair and largely baseless statements / accusations you made:

There are a significant number of "Professionals", however, who will not be willing to help with this since they believe that many aspects of laser show safety are trade secrets and should be kept that way....but I can almost guarantee you that there are only very few truly knowledgeable members here who will help....I don't believe for a second that that is the whole reason for their lack of willingness to share tips for safety and certification...It also conveniently protects them from competition much of the time,
    ..and as even OTHER, 'non-professionals' commented then, if you're gonna make statements like that, you have to be willing to accept whatever 'reaction' it solicits... Same goes for this thread... Perhaps I misunderstood what 'angle' you were stating your opion from, and for that, I apologize... I had also done-so back-then...

Quote Originally Posted by dsli_jon View Post
    Dear Mr ElectroFreak -

I hereby Publicly Apologize...
    ...So I thought we had moved-on from that... If I take 'exception' to something you say, somewhere else, I - just like you - have the same 'right' to engage you in a debate over your statements.

My issue is that he tried to make me out to be another "prodjallen" (by name) because I didn't clarify a statement I made to his liking, without ever having said squat to me prior to that..
    Again, I thought we had hashed-thru what each meant - I don't see how I was ever 'bashing your promotion of safety', or etc... AND, the ONLY reference to 'djallen' - (WHOM, btw, I am currently in the process of helping, offline, GET his Variance / get legal / do-things right... and he's listening... ) was this:

...cause your accusations about the Pros, and 'conspiracy-theories' (ie: ILDA being a 'Big Boys Club', and somehow, the Pros being 'in-cahoots' (conveniently) with the CDRH to 'squelch competition'...) I think is some of the most rediculous stuff that has been-posted, here, since djLaserTitz was posting...
    ...How is that, 'calling' YOU / likening YOU to him?? It was WHAT YOU ASSERTED / SAID, that I was saying was 'rediculous', NOT YOU, personally, Pat.

I think we need to have a phone call / have a few Beers together. These forums are not the ideal place to have interactions... there's way too much room for 'misinterpretation'. You gonna come to SELEM in Aug.? Maybe we can get to - actually - get to know each other better, then... I'm pretty sure, in the end, we're on the 'same team'...

peace...
    j
    Last edited by dsli_jon; 06-16-2010 at 02:22. Reason: replaced obnoxiously-large pic with linkums
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

[QUOTE=dsli_jon;150025]Hiya Pat! -

Wait - have we actually CONFIRMED, 100% that "JohnYayas" IS carmangary? It wouldn't seem likely Gary would make this comment:

The IP of John Yayas traced to hingednewt.com

Steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

[QUOTE=mixedgas;150026]
    Hiya Pat! -

The IP of John Yayas traced to hingednewt.com

Steve
    All that laser knowledge - AND a computer sleuth!!!!

Dude....
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

A tip of my hat to you all. Nicely done. However, knowing who I am does not change the facts. And so my visit ends. I bid you farewell.

-The Hinged Newt

...and 'move on'... Maybe you should do the same, since, IMO, all you're doing is embarrasing yourself by not...

It's the web dude. You mean I'm embarassing my online persona. I'm ashamed, ashamed I tell you.

I've never met anyone here in person... or on LPF for that matter so I can very safely say that no one here knows a damn thing about me except what I might say and do on here. The beauty of the webz is that I can say anything here. I'm free to be myself in ways only the internet can provide.. If you piss me off, I can tell you to screw yourself without feeling guilty *or* embarrassed about it afterwords. Same for you. I do spend a lot of time here, and I know I have a big mouth. (well, that part's true in real life too).. Luckily for everyone, what you post on a forum isn't what defines you.. I'll admit I certainly even occasionally get pissed off at other people on the web, but embarrassment? Not so much. What's to be embarrassed about? An online altercation? Maybe I should have been more clear (I know how you like clarity): I don't like your online persona, Jon. We have lots of misunderstandings and it pisses me off.. It's nothing overly personal, and certainly nothing to be embarrassed about.

Maybe sometime we'll have those drinks.. wish I could make it to SELEM, there are quite a few folks I'd like to meet for a variety of reasons. It would be interesting to see what everyone is really like.
    Last edited by ElektroFreak; 06-10-2010 at 19:20.

Cool

... Luckily for everyone, what you post on a forum isn't what defines you.. .It's nothing overly personal, and certainly nothing to be embarrassed about.
    ..Fair 'nuff... I'll drink to that...

..doncha just love that glass-design? 'Kwak', lol... ...perfect name...I'd love to put it on a motor and make some lumia with it...

peace...
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

You could add a stem to that and make is smoking lumia

Thumbs up Sounds like a plan!

Maybe sometime we'll have those drinks.. wish I could make it to SELEM, there are quite a few folks I'd like to meet for a variety of reasons. It would be interesting to see what everyone is really like.
    I second the motion. You'd be amazed at how well people from PL get along in person.

Text-only conversation is dicey at best. But face to face, over a beer or two, well - that's about as good as it gets. And honestly, I think we're all pretty much on the same page to start with.

Come to SELEM, and I'll buy you *BOTH* a beer just so the three of us can sit down and shoot the shit. I predict it will be an enjoyable evening.

Adam