Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: 445nm diode info

Quote Originally Posted by lasersbee View Post
    These tests will not blow your 445nm Laser Diode if you keep the tests
    under 12000mW and follow a few standard safety measures... IMO
    Jerry
    Although its quite obvious that it is just a type, you might want to edit that.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterWilling View Post
    Although its quite obvious that it is just a type, you might want to edit that.
    Just Did... Thanks..

Jerry
    See the LaserBee II and all other LaserBee LPM products here....
    All LaserBee Laser Power Meter Products

New 3.2Watt RS232/USB LaserBee II LPM REVIEW

Always in stock and ready to ship....
    Subsidary:-Pharma Electronic Solutions

Unhappy Some plunderings given up to simplicity

I have been experimenting with the 4 lasers I have built. The beam is hard to tame with plain optic solutions by my normal methods of thought...closed can hindrance . I wanted to FAC one....fear of dust would probably kill it in short order before I could get it aligned and sealed up. So the advent of the cylindrical lens was approached....needing beam compression from a reverse telescope. The lens data....not exactly right for this test as some of the beam spilled off the lenses...adding to losses. I had to work with what I had in hand. Lenses are uncoated purchased from Surplus Shed some time ago for 473 usage. I think the 40 mm fl may have actually been 42mm fl...does not matter now as this route has been abandoned by me..
    1 12mm fl - yielding 2x12{tan40/2} 10.0691 diameter beam
    2 40mm fl - yielding 2x40{tan12/2} 8.5022 beam diameter final output
    Employing a plano convex/concave lens setup after this setup gave a beam diameter of around 4.7mm....totally usable and very good round shape at the spot and beam checkpoints. Divergence was near 2 mrads. The losses were horrid because I don't have 445nm or A/R broadband in the pieces used for this test. The total length of the test fixture was nearly 11" in length. Projector unfriendly to me.
    So I feel like the implementation of the anamorphics are a keen idea at this point...not to mention the "adjustability" of the system as it is being constructed. They have worked great in other diode setups needing compression in one axis. The cylinder lens may be useful , but I wanted a simpler setup. Someone should be able to prove me wrong here as I didn't spend a lot of time in actually nailing everything down to a "T"......just quick and dirty testing. Experiments gave very nice spot service from a beam expander in reverse....but focal points were set for 50'....needing boat paddle mirrors to scan it though. More testing in Winlase and Glad to come soon.
    You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

Mike have you tried using the tilted biconvex lense technique?
    http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3985/laser.gif

Doc's website

The Health and Safety Act 1971

Recklessly interfering with Darwin’s natural selection process, thereby extending the life cycle of dim-witted ignorami; thus perpetuating and magnifying the danger to us all, by enabling them to breed and walk amongst us, our children and loved ones.

Default 445 build

I have my first 445 build done and it pretty impressive power
    here are the numbers:

A140 diode
    1.5 amps at diode
    1.525 watts at 445nm
    2.25amps at 18650 battery
    4171 host
    405-G-1 lens
    Microflexdrive

I got my A140 diode today "thanks Dave" and put it together with a Microflexdrive in a 4171 host
    and a 405-G-1 lens.
    I set the drive to max 1.5 amps and fired it up! 1550mw to start then after about 30
    seconds it settles down to 1350 and is fairly steady there.
    It started to pulse shortly thereafter so I shot the drive with freon and it stopped as
    I figured it would.
    So I rigged up the large pill in the 4171 as a heat sink for the drive, I insulated the connections I thought could short and with a little silicone heat sink compound on the final output driver I strapped it flat to the brass on the pill, No more pulsing now.
    30 second on time is all I have given it so far. It burns crazy hot and boils water at the focal point.
    the battery is a 18650 and it draws 2.2amps from it.
    Strange seeing a bar for a focal point!

Here are some beam shots with a 600mw 12x , it looks 3 or 4 times brighter than the 12x
    I am next going to test it with two 18650s in parallel and see how the power acts then

Test completed with two 18650s and the power at 30 seconds is now 1450mw
    a gain of only 100mw so the battery is working fairly well

OK edit: The alligator clip jumpers weren't enough to carry the load so now they are doubled up
    it now starts at 1.7 watts and after 30 seconds is at 1.5 watts with fresh cells
    these things need a lot of heat sink!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_9959.jpg  

IMG_9961.jpg  

IMG_1357.jpg  

IMG_1358.jpg  

IMG_1363.jpg  

IMG_1360.jpg  

IMG_9960.jpg  

IMG_1355.jpg  

Lightbulb

Looks like a beast... Please be careful.

Do you have a firearm kecked? If so, is someone "going to get ahold of your gun and blow someone's head off"? Would you, as a grown human being, just keep your gun out where anyone can grab it up and do whatever with it? If you were to be so careless, is the the guns fault if someone gets hurt? Nope.. it's yours. I doubt that nospin here, being a grownup no doubt, would be that careless and it's disrespectful, insulting and otherwise generally uncool of you to assume he would IMO.

That kind of BS is why so many people who come here to join in the discussion leave with a bad taste in their mouth. This isn't your own personal forum, and it's not your place to say what can and can't be discussed here. You're just another member like the rest of us.

I agree with elektrofreak here. It is an OPEN forum so anything could be here discussed.
    But i personally there is more interest in your pointer at Laserpointerforum.

http://laserpointerforums.com/

I read also the story who invented the gunpowder and that her regret that he had invented it. When your kids or someone els grabs your pointer and blinds themselves then i bet your regret your whole live that you build it. So please desassemble it when your done playing with it.

Quote Originally Posted by kecked View Post
    wrong forum. We DONT do laser pointers that boil water. Dude that is just stupid. Someone is going to get ahold of that and burn or blind someone. Hope you don't have children in that house.
    What is Stupid is your response...IMO

It's funny that you mentioned nothing about the 1.5Watt 445nm Labby
    I built mentioned in the posts above....
    I am also member on LPF and posted it there as well and did not receive any
    negative comments because it was not a pointer...
    The fact remains that I and Nospin posted 445nm LD technical Data that seems
    to have fallen to the wayside in Nospins case because it is not a Labby build..

Maybe in your case... You should open a forum named LaserLabbyForum.com
    I was going to post the Pointer I built... but didn't want to deal with the
    likes of Anti-Pointer members like you...

Jerry
    See the LaserBee II and all other LaserBee LPM products here....
    All LaserBee Laser Power Meter Products

New 3.2Watt RS232/USB LaserBee II LPM REVIEW

Always in stock and ready to ship....
    Subsidary:-Pharma Electronic Solutions

Hey guise I discovered that a cheap water heater contains pipes that are the exact right shape to fit a twelve gauge shotgun cartridge. I can tear them down for $800 and make at least 24 saturday night specials.

Does anyone want to buy a completely unsafe firearm?