Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Thread: 445nm diode info

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Knowing roughly what Kecked does for a living, I can see how the pointers would cause him problems. It is a significant job, he's in a very responsible position, and knows of what he speaks. Its one of those jobs that if you screw up, you get nightmares.

Steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

Quote Originally Posted by heroic View Post
    Hey guise I discovered that a cheap water heater contains pipes that are the exact right shape to fit a twelve gauge shotgun cartridge. I can tear them down for $800 and make at least 24 saturday night specials.

Does anyone want to buy a completely unsafe firearm?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	crackup.gif 
Views:	546 
Size:	8.9 KB 
ID:	18126Click image for larger version. 

Name:	crackup.gif 
Views:	546 
Size:	8.9 KB 
ID:	18126ROFLMA....

Jerry
    See the LaserBee II and all other LaserBee LPM products here....
    All LaserBee Laser Power Meter Products

New 3.2Watt RS232/USB LaserBee II LPM REVIEW

Always in stock and ready to ship....
    Subsidary:-Pharma Electronic Solutions

Quote Originally Posted by heroic View Post
    Hey guise I discovered that a cheap water heater contains pipes that are the exact right shape to fit a twelve gauge shotgun cartridge. I can tear them down for $800 and make at least 24 saturday night specials.

Does anyone want to buy a completely unsafe firearm?
    Sounds like you're jacking people on a piece of shit..

But seriously, if I were to own your POS water-heater cannon I sure as shit wouldn't leave it out where my kid could get it. Would you?

Damn people.. are we all really so timid? Nothing has happened yet, and all I hear is "WAHHHHHHH OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!! IT'S ALL OVER. WE'RE ALL SCREWED!!!! WE CAN'T EVEN LEAVE THE HOUSE!!! PEOPLE WILL BLIND US ALL WITH THEIR HUGE BLUE LAZORS!!!!!!!

OMG OMG!!!!

Are there really so many people here who are such huge babies? Do you guys wear body armor whenever you leave the house?

Sure the danger is undeniably real, but these things aren't even going to be owned by but a small fraction of people anyway.. Lasers still will have limited ownership appeal. There are still millions and millions of people out there who wouldn't even spend the $200 for one of these 445nm portables.. It's a geek thing for the most part.

Dangerously high-powered class 4 portables have been around for some time.. they didn't just pop up all of a sudden.. More importantly they are far from the most dangerous thing we might run into or use in our daily lives. The real danger to society in general is minimal.

I'm as big of a proponent of laser safety as the next guy, but this is all just sensationalism and hysterics.
    Last edited by ElektroFreak; 07-03-2010 at 20:55.

The difference is, a few weeks ago a one watt pointer would have cost about a thousand dollars. That tended to keep them out of the hands of anyone but the most devoted pointer fans. Now they're $200, which is much closer to the "impulse buy" point for morons who want to blind people.

Having recently had a long email conversation on a work mailing list about this (I work for a non-laser-related company) it's quite clear to me that most of the people buying the Wicked pointers just wanted a new toy and had no idea how dangerous they are.

Is the world suddenly overrun with morons who deliberately want to cause others harm? Typically, violent criminals make up a tiny fraction of society in general. Violent criminals with lasers make up an even TINIER fraction.

Look, I'm not arguing the fact that things are different now that Wicked stupidly put out these devices costing peanuts, nor am I trying to downplay how dangerous these devices are. All class 4 lasers are highly dangerous. I just refuse to cry and whine about something that has yet to have become a real problem for society. It very much remains to be seen if it will EVER become a real problem. And futhermore, even if it does become a problem, what do you and I do about it? Absolutely nothing. We sit back and watch the scene unfold because that's all that can be done. Crying about a worst-case scenario that hasn't even happened yet and might never be as terrible as some people worry is just stupid and a waste of effort. If you're anything like me you don't need more stress in your life.

I'm not talking about violent criminals, or even people who want to intentionally harm people at all; I'm talking about careless morons, the chronically misled, and those without the sense they were born with. They are the ones who worry me. And they have us outnumbered.

Please can we keep safety and pointer concerns in the many other threads devoted to this debate?

I believe this thread is about data relating to the diode itself, i.e. performance, electrical, thermal, optical characteristics etc.

Quote Originally Posted by taggalucci View Post
    Please can we keep safety and pointer concerns in the many other threads devoted to this debate?

I believe this thread is about data relating to the diode itself, i.e. performance, electrical, thermal, optical characteristics etc.
    Exactly...
    that was the main reason I posted my 445nm data in this Thread....
    I read the Thread title BEFORE posting it..

Jerry
    See the LaserBee II and all other LaserBee LPM products here....
    All LaserBee Laser Power Meter Products

New 3.2Watt RS232/USB LaserBee II LPM REVIEW

Always in stock and ready to ship....
    Subsidary:-Pharma Electronic Solutions

You want something to worry about...a pointer? Let me ask you why are you not worried about this oil gushing out into the Gulf ?????? This has already damaged beyond what the idiots....IE the media robots........ will ever reveal as the truth. Its not a spill...I spill my coffee....this is a freaking open well. This Jan when the new taxes come in to inforcement... people....you better wake up and look at what is going on behind the media's headlines. Most of the time....the death and decay of most anything starts from within....I am more concerned about things that have a little more importance...
    Rush L. said "We have never had a president that wants to see his nation fail...at everything...."
    You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

http://www.promodisc.com.br/NDB7352-E.pdf

I saw this posted in another thread.