Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: 445nm diode info

Default 445nm diode info

We should collect together all the info we have on these diodes. Note that this is an INFORMATION thread, not a QUESTION thread. Please don't post questions.

To start:

- Most people seem to regard 900 mA as the right maximum current to drive them at.
    - The diode voltage drop is 4.1 volts.
    - Diode package is 5.6mm just like blu-ray diodes.
    - The case is isolated.

Does anyone know the pinout? Wanna contribute a diagram? Please? :-)
    Last edited by heroic; 06-07-2010 at 11:09.

looking from behind with the snipped pin at the top the left pin is anode and the right pin is cathode
    as noted elswhere 200mA is the threshold but ive not driven the diode more that 650mA yet due to the limit of the driver im using but this should change later or at worst tomorrow
    Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

Thumbs up It is not often you see this much interest from the Lady!

Quote Originally Posted by heroic View Post
    We should collect together all the info we have on these diodes.

To start:

- Most people seem to regard 900 mA as the right maximum current to drive them at.
    - The diode voltage drop is 4.1 volts.
    - Diode package is 5.6mm just like blu-ray diodes.

Does anyone know the pinout? Wanna contribute a diagram? Please? :-)
    <can't wait to see what you make with one (or more) of these>
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

well done - I was too lazy to do that
    Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by ElektroFreak View Post
    Here's a pinout diagram:
    Is that viewed from below, ie., the pins side?

^Yes.

@stanwax: I can't take credit for creating the diagram as I didn't, but I'm not sure who did either.
    Last edited by ElektroFreak; 06-07-2010 at 11:09.

more a question than an info, can cathode be connected to casing (both to same ground) without damaging anything while running?

Quote Originally Posted by Heavyen View Post
    more a question than an info, can cathode be connected to casing (both to same ground) without damaging anything while running?
    Please don't post questions in this thread. In any case the case appears to be isolated.

If you are reading this it means that this post used to contain some sort of helpful/educational information posted by me. I no longer have even the tiniest interest in contributing ANY knowledge or effort here on photonlexicon.com. Why should anyone here benefit from my hard work? It's not like there's even the tiniest bit of appreciation coming my way from those people whom I've tried to help since I've been here, both by plugging their products and by consolidating info.

I apologize for not being able to help here anymore. If you want someone to thank for turning me against the idea of lending my hand to this particular community, thank our member dsli_jon for demonstrating quite convincingly SEVERAL times just what a smug, superior and condescending bunch of douchebags some of the so-called "professional laserists" here can be to people who think or act differently than they do. You can gold plate a piece of shit by calling it "professional", but at the end of the day it's still just a piece of shit. It only takes one worthless individual to screw up the public image of a whole group, at least in my book. "Professional" my ass.

To any and all new members who might someday read this: NEVER let dsli_jon or any of the so-called "professionals" here talk to you in any way that you find to be rude, smug, snobbish, condescending or disrespectful because people like dsli_jon don't know how to speak any other way. The concept of "respecting others and their opinions/viewpoints" is entirely lost on him and people like him. All that matters is that they somehow have an opportunity to display their superiority complexes for all the world to see.

The really sad part of all this: Who knows how many worthwhile future contributors and quality individuals have been run out of here by some of the absolutely ridiculous, "high-school-esque" bad attitudes that many members here like Jon have given people who might ask n00bish questions or who might bring up topics that they feel shouldn't be discussed here. To me it's very sad that people as absolutely worthless as Jon and his supporters have any sort of influence here. If you're a new member who is not prepared to bend over and take whatever these people give you, you'd better just leave now because they have zero tolerance for "thinking outside their box".
    Last edited by ElektroFreak; 08-23-2010 at 09:02.

@ EF - Completely out of interest, How do you know this?

Just curious
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!