Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WTB: Flexmod

Quote Originally Posted by neutrino View Post
    I tried ordering 6 yesterday but had my money returned to me Dr Lava was out of stock.
    Have you heard from Dr Lava? I had an order in with him last week, but I've not been able to contact him via PM since to confirm.

Anyone? Anyone? Buller?

Anyone have an idea of when Dr Lava will have more in stock?

Need.....a.....driver....right meow! Just kidding but seriously.

I was told by Dr Lava a few days ago that he wasn't gonna have drivers avail within 15 days at least. That's all I know.
    Depending on your needs you might want to contact Robin which could build you a die4drive (google it - he's a nice guy).

Quote Originally Posted by dxs View Post
    I was told by Dr Lava a few days ago that he wasn't gonna have drivers avail within 15 days at least. That's all I know.
    Depending on your needs you might want to contact Robin which could build you a die4drive (google it - he's a nice guy).
    I have been considering those as well. Are there any significant differences between the two? Flexmod vs die4drive?

Yes, for example Die4drive is designed for a supply voltage of 5 V, which may not be enough to drive these 445 nm diodes to full power. It can be used at higher voltages, but some changes are needed.

The Flexmod is happy with a supply of 5-12 V (but you'll probably need a higher supply voltage than 5 V for this diode).

There are of course more differences, but I think that's the most significant for this application.

Quote Originally Posted by tocket View Post
    Yes, for example Die4drive is designed for a supply voltage of 5 V, which may not be enough to drive these 445 nm diodes to full power. It can be used at higher voltages, but some changes are needed.

The Flexmod is happy with a supply of 5-12 V (but you'll probably need a higher supply voltage than 5 V for this diode).

There are of course more differences, but I think that's the most significant for this application.
    Looks like I'll be getting a 12v then. Now....just to find one of those pesky little flexmods.