Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anyone thought of building the full modules and selling them?

Quote Originally Posted by drlava View Post
    8-o My, how times have changed.
    I'm only calling this a 'ballpark' price based on the projected costs involved and a markup.

Yes, I know, 473nm DPSS is quite expensive in these power levels, but technology advances and times change.

We don't go and sue laser diode manufacturers because they put the HeNe's and Ar-Kr's out of a market? Who do you think we are, record companies?

Quote Originally Posted by allthatwhichis View Post
    Not sure if anyting was taken...
    Item location:Cleveland, Ohio, United States
    Something tells me, that if drlava were to sell these units himself, they would list for quite a bit under $1100 (unless he wants to get rid of the diode bought overpriced), and they would probably be listed here or in the buy/sell/trade section as well.

What it looks like to me:
    1W Nichia: $35
    Flexmod N2: $35
    Aluminum tubing, L-bracket and wires: $30

Possible markup: $50

So a sales price of $150 (making a rougly estimated 50% profit) would make a little more sense on these, $200 would be worth it if the platform is stable.

Funnily enough, when the bids started they were quite a bit lower than the 'Buy it Now' price.
    Last edited by Stoney3K; 06-09-2010 at 15:36.

Some unsuspecting fool may bite but I don't think so. The sharks are out they smell blood in the water just search ebay for 445nm.

Quote Originally Posted by oliverst14@hotmail.com View Post
    Somehow I don't think that will sell at $1100. I really wanna giv it a go but ain't a clue where to start. Can someone explain to me what a tec is and where I can get one? Can anyone see any reason why I can't get a laserman 532 quad kit and 4 diode modules from axiz, press the diodes into the modules then cool it with this tec thing? Doesn't the laserman kit have an analouge driver built onto it?

I don't understand why I can't use this method and hit the scanner mirrors with the crappy combined beam of 4 of these which should equate to 4 watt. Fair enough I will lose alot but surely I'll come out with at least 2 watts?

Can someone explain why this won't work please???

Thanks ollie
    "Gravity its not just a good idea its the law"

i would def buy a complete module from some one i just dont have the time to put one togeather.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoney3K
    I'm only calling this a 'ballpark' price based on the projected costs involved and a markup.
    Take Pat's 2 diode kit, plus diodes/reasonable collimators/Lasorbs and your $300 target budget would be pretty much blown and you haven't corrected the beam, added any cooling, enclosed it or paid someone to put it all together yet, so I'm not sure there's much of a markup to be had there

ya I think realistically your probably looking at like $1000 for a built module... but your getting ~2W of 445nm blue so seriously you shouldn't be complaining

Given that diode and driver costs have got to be about the same for 640's (or working on that basis) Laserwave currently sell a 2 diode and cube 640 head for about £550. Add some slightly more exotic optics in the form of prisms for beam shaping and I reckon that gotta be a reasonable ballpark figure. Not sure if their 640 heads have/need TEC cooling but if not, add something on for that too.

well thats about $800... add in optics etc... like i said $1000 seems like a reasonable price for one of these things... but again... 2 WATTS of BLUE... for $1000?!

Default Re

I think $1000 is abit excessive, you could buy a laserman quad kit for £350, apparently the parts for a tec cost $30, as far as I'm aware at the moment the beat results are from axiz modules and lenses and there $50 for 5 of them so I'd make that $430 plus the diodes at $40 a pop so that makes it $590. then there is labour at $100-$200 so all in all were at just shy of $800 I'd be expecting to pay around this price for a 4 watt module so a 2 watt one should be alot less.
    2 x 10w full colour laser systems
    2 x 4w full colour laser systems
    2 x 3w full colour laser systems
    1 450mw pinkem rgb 30k scanner
    2 x 1 watt green laser
    4 x 1 watt blue 445nm laser systems
    3 watt rgb .

Quote Originally Posted by oliverst14@hotmail.com View Post
    I think $1000 is abit excessive, you could buy a laserman quad kit for £350, apparently the parts for a tec cost $30, as far as I'm aware at the moment the beat results are from axiz modules and lenses and there $50 for 5 of them so I'd make that $430 plus the diodes at $40 a pop so that makes it $590. then there is labour at $100-$200 so all in all were at just shy of $800 I'd be expecting to pay around this price for a 4 watt module so a 2 watt one should be alot less.
    There's quite a difference between a 4W beam corrected quad and a 1W starter level single module.

For a 2W dual or 4W quad with good beam characteristics and more optics involved, I'd be happy to go for $500-$1000.

Bloody hell, that's really hard to hear. A few month ago I spent about 5000$ for my 1W 445, and now you're complaining about spending 500$ for a 4W unit.....