Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: pre-orders/interest for high quality module kits

Quote Originally Posted by drlava View Post
    I expect they will be around $190 each. Definitely not more than $240.
    That includes The base plate, 3 mounts, collimator lens, 2 broadband AR cylindrical lenses for correction, TEC, FlexDrive P3, diode mount, black anodizing, lasorb, and we're looking for a cover. They are hardware mostly, driver optional, you supply whatever diode you wish as the builder.
    Does that mean no machining neccessary "at all", i.e. I can put this thing on a table, mount the diode and I get a black box with a beam coming out the other end?

How much extra would it be to make this a turn-key module, having only a single plug with +12V, GND, Mod- and Mod+? I'm not a hero when it comes to soldering fragile stuff like laser diodes...

Quote Originally Posted by Stoney3K View Post
    I'm not a hero when it comes to soldering fragile stuff like laser diodes...
    I'm not either. I'm afraid my soldering iron is going to turn into a handheld incenerator

I had missed the price before but $200 bucks for what is included seems a good deal.
    Having a TEC - diode driver combo will serve the community for years to come.
    I will take one just to support the efforts (and get in deeper than I want to be right now... )

cheers!

Right now, we're looking at an approximately 2.5" x 5.5" footprint that will be able to produce a beam approximately 4mmx2mm with under 1x1.5mrad divergence, probably under 1mrad on both axes.
    Half or full angle divergence?

And how do you align the cylindrical lenses?

If you can get the price to the lower end of your range, yes please.

Sounds Great.
    Would love to here more about this, but i have one problem, i already have 3 TEC/Driver's setup installed and running. need just the hardware for my blue's 2 x 3 inch footprint only. with just laser diode and thermistor on this 2x3 module, to drop in and go!! no sense gutting the drivers and tec's, to install other setup!! softstart? -gotit. unless there is an option that stands out, the electronics are done.. count me in for 1 (optics hopefully) only, or is this an all or none option??

Great idea Andrew.
    I'll take 1 (use what i need)

pat

Quote Originally Posted by mccarrot View Post
    Half or full angle divergence?

And how do you align the cylindrical lenses?
    full angle divergence.

After doing more tests and measurements, it appears the final setup has about 0.7x0.7 mrad divergence!
    Cyl lenses are aligned in blocks.

The drivers will be optional.

This just in: it appears it will be possible to have a dual version of this without too much extra cost! The dual setup will be an option when orders are placed. It will contain an extra collimator set and knife edge hardware. Given that the beam width was going to be about 4x2mm, it makes sense to fill it out with another diode internally to give <4x4mm final beam. My measurements show the final beam size at aperture will be 3.5x3.5mm.

full angle divergence.

After doing more tests and measurements, it appears the final setup has about 0.7x0.7 mrad divergence!
    Cyl lenses are aligned in blocks.

The drivers will be optional.

This just in: it appears it will be possible to have a dual version of this without too much extra cost! The dual setup will be an option when orders are placed. It will contain an extra collimator set and knife edge hardware. Given that the beam width was going to be about 4x2mm, it makes sense to fill it out with another diode internally to give <4x4mm final beam. My measurements show the final beam size at aperture will be 3.5x3.5mm.
    Nice, looking forward to it. I'd want the dual.
    Last edited by polishedball; 06-11-2010 at 14:35.
    leading in trailing technology

Dr. Lava;
    Change my order to two dual setups please

Very nice beam specs...
    - There is no such word as "can't" -
    - 60% of the time it works every time -

Pics or it didn't happen!

chad

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.