Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wierd "wrong color" problem

A 8 channel sound card dont cost much this days..
    Maybe try another one ?

The DAC itself worked just fine, the X and Y was incredible fast on my galvos.

But the first think I would do is, solder off every RGB wires.
    Tell the software to make a GREEN circle..
    Then measure the output if there is any signal on the output.

Then do that with the RED and BLUE colour..

If you dont find any output on each channel, there sure is something wrong with the sound card..

Hi Grix,
    I'm sorry to hear you are still having problems with the configuration of your board but I'm sure it will be a simple fix. Do you have a multimeter? If so I need you to preform this test.

1. Play a red only frame. You should see voltage on pin 5 and ground (Use pin 14-25). You should see minimal voltage on pin 6 or 7. (no more than 0.05V)

2. Play a green only frame. You should see voltage on pin 6 and ground (Use pin 14-25). You should see minimal voltage on pin 5 or 7. (no more than 0.05V)

3. Play a blue only frame. You should see voltage on pin 7 and ground (Use pin 14-25). You should see minimal voltage on pin 5 or 6 . (no more than 0.05V)

If you do see voltage on one of these other pins, and not on the correct pin. You will need to swap the wires to the correct channel. To confirm your channels are all working correctly, please refer back to my original document I sent you and play the max.wav file and check pins 5,6 and 7 all reach about 5 volts.

Also, you can use an LED for testing the outputs on these pins if you don't have a multimeter. In some cases an LED would be better for the test.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.
    Thanks!
    Adam

Oh god. I just found out that there are two way to set the number of channels on the sound card, in the sound card config and in windows. Combinations of both settings give yet different results.

The best combination I've found is the one I said in your PM, 300evil.
    It's sound card config set to 5.1 surround and windows set to 7.1 surround.
    That makes green right, and red and blue are both inverted (red = green and blue, blue = red and green)
    Inverting the colors in ezauddac config didn't work.

Just wanted to tell you that I finally fixed it, and this thread can be closed or whatever. I had to mess up the channel mappings completely to make it work, f.ex mapping channel 7 and 8 (left and right audio) to laser colors.

Wink

So... technically it was the blanking wires were misrouted... in software.