Default 445 claimed beem specs 3 watt

How is this guy getting these specs???

Beam properties: 3x3mm
    Divergence: 1 mrad
    Polarisation: 1:50
    Power supply: 5VDC 2A

http://cgi.ebay.com/3000mW-Blue-Lase...item3352b51e0d
    "Gravity its not just a good idea its the law"

About the only way I know of to get a perfectly symmetrical beam with that kind of low divergence from an array of multimode diodes is to couple them all into a singlemode fiber and then collimate the fiber output. I could also be done with prism pairs and a beam expander, but if the beam @ aperture is 3mmx3mm there is no beam expander. Very often on ebay the specs are not accurate. Sometimes sellers just don't know better, sometimes they are typos, and other times they are embellished. Ask the seller for a detailed analysis of the beam profile along with pics before you buy.

Quote Originally Posted by ElektroFreak View Post
    About the only way I know of to get a perfectly symmetrical beam with that kind of low divergence from an array of multimode diodes is to couple them all into a singlemode fiber and then collimate the fiber output. I could also be done with prism pairs and a beam expander, but if the beam @ aperture is 3mmx3mm there is no beam expander. Very often on ebay the specs are not accurate. Sometimes sellers just don't know better, sometimes they are typos, and other times they are embellished. Ask the seller for a detailed analysis of the beam profile along with pics before you buy.
    I don't plan on buying from this person just saying if his specs are correct it is possible to get a good beem at high powers with these diodes. He is also selling 6 watt version but his prices are way out of line unless most of the cost is in optics?
    "Gravity its not just a good idea its the law"

i would post some links but the fourm wont let me

Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Those are Swisslas modules. If I'm not wrong, they use 500mW 445nm diodes, with better specs than 1W ones...

can we beleive anything about this module? I say this as this is a swisslas module and if you look up their address it just happens to be the same address as laserworlds swiss office.....
    In any case its likely 6x500mW nichias which have better beam specs than the 1W (as far as I know)

Rob

edit - hahaha sbk you beat me to it!
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by stanwax View Post
    can we beleive anything about this module? I say this as this is a swisslas module and if you look up their address it just happens to be the same address as laserworlds swiss office.....
    In any case its likely 6x500mW nichias which have better beam specs than the 1W (as far as I know)

Rob

edit - hahaha sbk you beat me to it!
    i was gona link to laserworld.

go check there site, samel modules as sold on egay
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Yes, it's swisslas with 500mW diodes. These have been on ebay for long before the blue boom.

AFAIK Swisslas sells exclusively via Laserworld, but their modules are high-end and they don't lie about their beam-specs. I've seen Swisslas-Modules live and they're really good.

As soon as I read "maximum power and guaranteed power" it smelled of fishyworld.

They should add a third "Actual power" column to their spec sheet, though from the tests I've seen we could just multiply the claimed "guaranteed power" by .33
    http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3985/laser.gif

Doc's website

The Health and Safety Act 1971

Recklessly interfering with Darwin’s natural selection process, thereby extending the life cycle of dim-witted ignorami; thus perpetuating and magnifying the danger to us all, by enabling them to breed and walk amongst us, our children and loved ones.