Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Which is the most expensive colour now ???

Thanks for the link, I used to harvest them from sleds, but did not know they where available as a bare diode.

The 660nm wavelength is a killer though, you need shitloads of power to get a visible beam.
    http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3985/laser.gif

Doc's website

The Health and Safety Act 1971

Recklessly interfering with Darwin’s natural selection process, thereby extending the life cycle of dim-witted ignorami; thus perpetuating and magnifying the danger to us all, by enabling them to breed and walk amongst us, our children and loved ones.

Not a terrible prospect to knife-edge a few given the cost.. Also, I prefer the deep crimson of 650-660nm over the slightly orange color of 635-640, but that's only personal preference.
    Last edited by ElektroFreak; 06-17-2010 at 08:11.

When we find an effective and affordable solution to this blue diode I think we should do a group buy for the 250mW 640nm Optnex diode.

It is the same price as the 150mW and has better beam specs than these blues.

What ya think?

Doc's website

Recklessly interfering with Darwin’s natural selection process, thereby extending the life cycle of dim-witted ignorami; thus perpetuating and magnifying the danger to us all, by enabling them to breed and walk amongst us, our children and loved ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    When we find an effective and affordable solution to this blue diode I think we should do a group buy for the 250mW 640nm Optnex diode.

What ya think?
    I'd be interested.

Quote Originally Posted by ElektroFreak View Post
    Not a terrible prospect to knife-edge a few given the cost..
    True, but loads of power is useless for audience scanning, visibility is the key.

Doc's website

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post

What ya think?
    Blue needs to be corrected with optics, you dont want to do that with red, so i think the 150mw would be better.

I can get 640nm optnext for 90 euro if I order a bulk

Quote Originally Posted by mccarrot View Post
    I can get 640nm optnext for 90 euro if I order a bulk
    Which one? The 150 mw or the 250 mw?

Adam

the 150mW, I understand the 250mW got higher divergence and wider emitter, so less suitable for a multi diode setup.

These aren't a bad deal on 638nm for the price (~$320US): http://www.mitsubishichips.com/Globa.../200907/02.htm