Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: another 1watt 445 pointer for sale

got em here still: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...k=casio%20a130 and a140s too..

I won't be too worried until newegg stops selling them. It seems like maybe some companies are not carrying them in store.. They can be purchased online from Best Buy.

There's only 12 A130 and 8 A140 left on newegg, try to add more to your cart, it says "Insufficient quantity available"...
    I'm wondering if I should not buy one now

Quote Originally Posted by mpoulton View Post
    ...Best Buy ... say the A130 is "discontinued".
    huh? its on their website, and you can order online (when you lose the order online option then you can be sure its discontinued)

To those only looking to harvest diodes, a source of the 'bulb' has been found for about $550, so unless the optics are worth $300 to ya best hold out until the $550 source pans out.

Quote Originally Posted by krazer View Post
    To those only looking to harvest diodes, a source of the 'bulb' has been found for about $550, so unless the optics are worth $300 to ya best hold out until the $550 source pans out.
    That is interesting! I wish I had those (presumably Asian) connections. I thought about pulling the diode modules and then returning the "broken" projectors for "service" to see what they would charge to replace the module.

There are some other very useful parts in these projectors, including a great switching power supply and many nice lenses, but probably not $300 worth of stuff from a hobbyist's perspective.