Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Aixiz New 405-450 Lenses

Default A Nod...for the Wad ??

Norty...OK...true...spiral application of Teflon tape to the threaded OD of the AixiZ Aspherical lens unit is not really a " WAD"...I was being dramatic.....BUT...it still ... it pisses me off that this is not a more stable union...without tape....and even with tape has some wobble....not much.....but ...well....do ya like the title ??? haha Bob
    Beam Axiom #1 ~The Quantum well is DEEP ! Photons for ALL !!
    Beam Axiom #2 ~Yes...As a matter of fact...I DO wear tinfoil on my head !!
    Beam Axiom #3 ~Whe'n dout...Po ah Donk awn et !!
    Beam Axiom #4 ~A Chicken in every Pot, and a Laser Lumia in every Livingroom !!
    Beam Axiom #5 ~"Abstract Photonic Expressionism"....is "Abstractonimical" !!
    Beam Axiom #6 ~ "A Posse ad Essea" ~ From being possible to being actual ...is the beam target !

The focus length of the ones from Mccarrot is 4.6 and the same as the ones from
    Martin Pelosh his shop. Maybe a longer FL will be better for collimating these blue,s Of course with the highest NA prefable 0.6

What is the FL of an aixiz lens? The ones from Larry have a FL of 2.39mm

There is a better way to stabilise these lenses.

Just take the standard focus adjuster ring, and drill away the aperture to 9.5mm - voila: you have a lock nut for your lense.
    http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3985/laser.gif

Doc's website

The Health and Safety Act 1971

Recklessly interfering with Darwin’s natural selection process, thereby extending the life cycle of dim-witted ignorami; thus perpetuating and magnifying the danger to us all, by enabling them to breed and walk amongst us, our children and loved ones.

The Aixiz lenses vary a lot from batch to batch.

I have received the three-element Aixiz glass lenses in several different AR coatings and with different internal lenses.

The lens I use is a 2.4 mm FL aspheric with an NA of 0.6.

LarryDFW
    Last edited by LarryDFW; 08-08-2010 at 21:13.

Larry i have send you an email with some questions. I like to purchase 4 of them to test these in my 4 setup with LOC diodes. Maybe i only need the bare lens.

Kind

Regards

Johan

That looks like an excerpt from the Rochester Optics catalogue...
    (except you've blanked out some of the information)

Edit: Yep, The A-671
    http://ifolomedia.com/~rpoptics/uplo...alog_109A4.pdf
    From memory, they work out ~$20 a piece.

Regards,
    Dan
    Last edited by danielbriggs; 07-10-2010 at 04:12.
    - There is no such word as "can't" -
    - 60% of the time it works every time -

Default Yesss...Keep it simple Stupid

HeyDoc...Thanks for the tip....that IS a more simple solution....I would still go round with a few wraps of T-tape to keep the lens unit from rotating while you tighten down the slip nut as the focus on any unit I have tried is VERY sensative to radial movement....Later Bob
    Beam Axiom #1 ~The Quantum well is DEEP ! Photons for ALL !!
    Beam Axiom #2 ~Yes...As a matter of fact...I DO wear tinfoil on my head !!
    Beam Axiom #3 ~Whe'n dout...Po ah Donk awn et !!
    Beam Axiom #4 ~A Chicken in every Pot, and a Laser Lumia in every Livingroom !!
    Beam Axiom #5 ~"Abstract Photonic Expressionism"....is "Abstractonimical" !!
    Beam Axiom #6 ~ "A Posse ad Essea" ~ From being possible to being actual ...is the beam target !

Quote Originally Posted by CDBEAM View Post
    HeyDoc...Thanks for the tip....that IS a more simple solution....I would still go round with a few wraps of T-tape to keep the lens unit from rotating while you tighten down the slip nut as the focus on any unit I have tried is VERY sensative to radial movement....Later Bob
    Yeah, mine have PTFE tape too.
    http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3985/laser.gif

Doc's website

The Health and Safety Act 1971

Recklessly interfering with Darwin’s natural selection process, thereby extending the life cycle of dim-witted ignorami; thus perpetuating and magnifying the danger to us all, by enabling them to breed and walk amongst us, our children and loved ones.

Got my new aixiz lenses yesterday and played around some with them today. I first attempted to measure the loss through the lens. The setup used is seen here (power meter not shown):
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010022.JPG 
Views:	416 
Size:	913.5 KB 
ID:	18260

At 1 A I get 0.8 W from the uncollimated diode. With the new aixiz lens the output dropped to 0.7 W. Measuring the raw diode power is tricky because of the very divergent beam though. I used an Ophir 3A-P-FS sensor that I think caught most of the light. However, since I can't be sure about the raw diode power I will simply state the loss in the lens as >13%.

The beam is 2 x 5 mm at the aperture and diverges to 36 x 5 mm at 19 m giving a slow axis divergence of 1.8 mrad and a fast axis divergence of < 0.05 mrad.

Some pics:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010009.JPG 
Views:	411 
Size:	376.6 KB 
ID:	18261Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010012.JPG 
Views:	405 
Size:	406.3 KB 
ID:	18262Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010007.JPG 
Views:	404 
Size:	369.0 KB 
ID:	18263

Quote Originally Posted by polishedball View Post
    Now maybe I was shipped some bad ones, I speculate they did to get them out the door, but this is half vs full threaded supposedly the same 405 lens.

So which is the full thread and which is the half? I think I have a couple of the original half threads coated for 405 kicking around somewhere.

Cheers
    Rich