Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Blue monster project

Quote Originally Posted by king4quarter View Post
    Just a thought for this thread,would you be able to use Mirrors like these http://www.eoc-inc.com/co2_laser_optics_mirrors.htm
    to have a configuration like this Attachment 18331
    I asked a similar question once upon a time and this is the response i got from Steve:

Quote Originally Posted by Mixedgas
    There is a easier way and you dont have to hack a telescope. Run your diodes into 62/125 communications fiber, then run all the fibers to one collimator. Butt the fibers up against each other at the collimator.

There is this nasty thing in optics call Etendue, and the telescope wont beat in. It limits you energy density. It has to do with each beam coming into teh collimator off axis.
    Having said that, i was asking about a different diode with different beam specs, so, 62/125 fiber might not work with these.

Thanks for that answer....I see Etendue has some other interesting words describing the definition in Wiki which are linked with optics.

Quote Originally Posted by mophead View Post

Having said that, i was asking about a different diode with different beam specs, so, 62/125 fiber might not work with these.
    I was thinking if you take the setup with the 24 diodes like this and aim it through a big magnifying glass into a point on the ground it will have enough burning power at that point to burn very intensely....so would it still be completely impossible to send it back through a concave lens afterwards to get in at low divergence again from there?(there should be enough watts left to make a good beam)

Just a thought.

Peace,Respect

Quote Originally Posted by mixedgas View Post
    I can help on the dirt cheap Argons, I have access to a pile of LEXEl 85-SVG, which is a high power version of Lexel 85. PM me.

Steve
    I've sent you a PM