Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Blue monster project

Before the cube with two lasers you have 1 H pol. and 1 V pol. After combined throught the cube you then have 1 beam H+V. Stick that 1/2 wave plate in there and it rotates the whole thing 90 deg., so now you have V+H.

Still wouldn't work the way your thinking king1/4.

Default lasers

it would be nice if king4quarter's idea would work ,we all could of had multi watt lasers
    with nice beams years ago

Quote Originally Posted by king4quarter View Post
    I never hear too many answers about actually lining beams up from 24 diodes....I would try it like this as I think it can theoretically done.

24 diodes through 12 PBS cubes with EACH strip going DIRECTLY through each other to make one stripe only....no squares just one perfect line....then worry about beam correction afterwards.If beams diverged too much before hitting the next PBS...correct it.
    Stuffing big set up with usual but not too much excess losses.I still dont know why can use a convex and concave lens to narrow the beam if you want.

With the aixiz 405 lens my beam looks pretty dam good going into the night sky right next to my green(very good in fact even if i walked 300m down the road!)24 of those with a perfect tiny same strip.....

24W of blue and a scope would be on my list of things to do.
    The thing about theory is; it works.
    Real world is a little harder to active the same result

Speaking from experience; owning 11 projectors and a scope. That's > 300W
    I also think I have a 60W lightbulb in a cupboard somewhere too!

Don't let me put you off though. I'm not saying it can't be done - because everything can. But it's gonna be tough!

Also, why 24?
    Not a nice no. For stacking...

Ta,
    Dan
    - There is no such word as "can't" -
    - 60% of the time it works every time -

What takes most people a year to learn usually takes me 1 month....

Nice try, ProDj_Ben...

In all seriousness, would it be possible to use a beam combining cube, like a pbs but not polarized? would reflections back into the diodes be a major issue?

It seems like if a solution like this were feasible that it would already be in use. I think the closest alternative you'll get is knife edging (which is fairly close to what you want anyway).
    "TO DO IS TO BE" - Nietzsche
    "TO BE IS TO DO" - Kant
    "DO BE DO BE DO" - Sinatra

Just call them like I see them.

Actually you seem to be better than that. Definitely polite.

P.S: Lesbian Nazi Lettuce Growers happen to be my target demographic!
    "TO BE IS TO DO" - Kant

Lol Id go with the lesbian demographic if any

Thanks for the compliment,I do come from a modest South African middle class family...it's a pitty the dam Rand is like 8 times weaker than the Dollar...I would have had a shack full of lasers by now since if been interested in lasers for so long....about 17years? I took a full science lesson on lasers at around 17years old also with a 4mW Red pen laser and KNO3 with suger...I think the principle must have seen the smoke coming out the windows from a mile away lol but I gave it my best shot....anyways I thought I knew allot about lasers before I came to England and started researching again...boy was I wrong lol So I've started reading allot again from a few months ago since it has always been my desire to do shows in a South African un-tapped market along with some nice advertising for big companies.
    I did own a nice 1M long 60mm wide 50mW He-Ne a few years back which I got off Stand Wilford from Wilford Stelle...nice guy he was but only got to play around with Argon lasers but never own them(Damn Rand) but non the less still very keen to make up for all those years and learn as much as I can before going back to SA to start my business with as much as I can afford to ship with me.

oops...got carried away a bit I don't usually post too much on forums except for the times that I do ...but that's just a bit about me seems that I'm also guilty of not introducing myself.....My main love with regards to lasers....I love big Ion Lasers...there's just something so dam fine about that art....I'd love to get my hands on a little 2W-5W surplus Argon Laser for dirt cheap.....I don't have a wife!

Peace....Respect!

Well, you've come to the right place. Welcome to PL!
    "TO BE IS TO DO" - Kant

mixedgas is online now Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

I can help on the dirt cheap Argons, I have access to a pile of LEXEl 85-SVG, which is a high power version of Lexel 85. PM me.

Steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

Diachi

Explain this to me so I understand better
    Rather be dumb for one minute than for the rest of you life...
    thanks for the help
    There's more than enough information on this site to learn from

Two lots of 24 x 445nms installed in Moving head fixtures.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wwl9TcNu-c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3j70oV1xT64

if you look at the videos, you can see a white little square to the right of the right side unit, that is a ford transit van.

They are 200 meters away from the camera, using stock lenses, original diode block and original modified driver, additional cooling and a custom designed DMX receiver in each.

Each of the 4 diode banks has its own PWM drive from 4 separate DMX allocated channels, allowing variable power ranges from off to full power. The system uses 9 DMX channels in total:

Pan: 540° Tilt: 270°: bank1 : bank2 : bank3 : bank4 : Enable1 : Enable2: TitMax.

Over temp shutdown

Tiltmax is to shut off the diodes if the tilt is over a certain angle

Power out 19.5 watts.

Usage: outdoor concerts for aerial effects.

Divergence massive but nice.

The devices up close http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYa6TNMk7SM

They cost around 3,000 USD to put together, might auction them off cheaper after the show we created them for if anyone is interested.
    Last edited by andyf97; 07-19-2010 at 22:28. Reason: updates

^THAT^
    IS Awesome!