Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: GB - Lens from Roithner

Quote Originally Posted by kitatit View Post
    I'll wait to see what the verdict is on the 500s and what optics combination is best for them.
    Exactly my thinking (here's hoping for the outcome of that exercise comes soon)

Hi Tony,
    I've just bought DT40 pros, and an oem 100mw CNI from Dave. I'm building a mini projector so I can practice using LivePro while I'm working away from home at remote minesites, which is most of the time

Apart from the added prisms this 500mw red could help make thing pretty simple and compact.

I'm planning on running a harvested blue at around 100mw with the 100 of green and 200ish of red.

Oh well back to sitting on the fence to await the 500 red results.

Default I'm off the fence now mr in Andy

Hi Andy,
    The 642nm opnext diodes are going to be best
    For my application so I'm in.

Lock me in for 2x lense27

Thanks for organizing the gb.

Incoming PM

Kit

Hi,

6 x 7020h for me thanks.

Oh geez, why is lens27 so expensive. There is no reflectance/transmittance graph on those for the AR coating.. Does anyone know the loss at 445? Also, I assume there is not much better for a narrow beam? I want to knife edge some beams as close as possible, then use a beam expander to get decent divergence.

Thanks!
    Last edited by CrazyMonkey; 07-21-2010 at 19:46.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyMonkey View Post
    Oh geez, why is lens27 so expensive. There is no reflectance/transmittance graph on those for the AR coating.. Does anyone know the loss at 445?
    The Lens27 is designed and coated for red, and among all lenses I tested it belongs to the most powerful ones. But it has a lot of wings and splash, especially awful with the HL6385DG and open can diodes. I suspect the high power is due to the extra halo and if one would clip it away, then the power would drop by a few percent and becomes more or less the same as for other aspheric lenses like the G-650-1.

Even at 445nm it produces like one or two percent more power than the "old" 405nm Aixiz lens, however it has a much worse beam profile.

Ahh, darn. What would you recommend that has good beam quality, narrow beam(for knife edging), and low loss at 445?

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyMonkey View Post
    Ahh, darn. What would you recommend that has good beam quality, narrow beam(for knife edging), and low loss at 445?
    Well I didn't systematically test many collimators for blue as of yet, I guess any properly coated aspheric with a high NA and low FL would be OK, right now I am aware of 4 easily available kinds: G-405-2 of jayrob, the ones from mcarrot (I guess same as Marco's), the ones form Swisslas (I got one but didnt yet test it), and then various kinds from Thorlabs. But IMHO the Aixiz is not too bad, esp given the price.

Quote Originally Posted by RedlumX View Post
    G-405-2 of jayrob
    Jayrob uses the A-671 from Rochester optics. (for the G-405-1) Will from Lasers4U also used to buy his lenses from this company
    http://ifolomedia.com/~rpoptics/uplo...alog_109A4.pdf

They cost ~$20 each on small quantity orders.
    - There is no such word as "can't" -
    - 60% of the time it works every time -

GB cancelled as roithenr have moved into the real world and everyone can now order with ease!

http://www.roithner-laser.com/order.php
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat