Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Which laser modules are better quality ¿LaserWave or CNI?

Talk to Mccarrot. Although he,s in the netherlands he has good prices:

http://store.laserextreme.nl/catalog...hp/cPath/21_24

This is a very interesting thread.

a couple of my own opinions:

LaserWave "compared" to CNI is a very hard thing to do. they both have pros and cons. the bottom line, some people have used CNI and had excellent experiences. In all honesty, myself included. I purchased a few of their lasers and have had good performing systems. However, I have also had the exact same with LaserWave.

Both companies are "chinese compnaies" which automatically lead to the point that they have/had a poor stigma behind them.

People who have used LaserWave and had a defective or under-performing laser automatically have a bad taste in their mouth. Same goes for CNI. I have heard and seen people who wont go near CNI with a 10 foot pole. So, it all depends on ones own experiences. CNI has sold thousands of lasers. LaserWave has sold thousands of lasers. CNI has had plenty of defective systems so has LaserWave.

Its funny, becasue everyone bashes Lasever, and yet, if we go by the reasoning here of what is good, then According to me, Lasever is #1. The first (and only) lasever i ever bought was almost 4 years ago now. and it is still working the *exact same* as the first day it was purchased. but yet, most people have had horrendous experiences with Lasever. Not me.

I like analogies...it usually puts things in perspective...Lexus is a great, high end, quality car right? Well, they still have a service dept dont they? If you ask someone who has a lexus who needs to bring it in for repairs, they are going to tell you that Lexus is terrible and they hate them. When in reality, they are a very high end, quality car co.

Same for LaserWave and CNI and honestly, almost any other manufacturer. The norm for Laserwave is extremely good quality components. first hand customer service whether it is from me, Bridge, Rob or dave and over performing lasers. But yes, occasionally shit happens and bad things get through. I dont think CNI is active on this board *almost* every single day. And i dont think CNI will replace a defective laser *prior* to the customer sending it back to China and based (almost solely) on the customers word of what the problem is they may be experiencing as i do with my customers. (i cant comment on what rob and dave do with their repair/replacement lasers). but 99.9* of the time (as some of you could attest to), if a customer of mine has a defective lasers, i replace it. period. In my almost 3 years being a laserwave dealer, i can only think of 1-2 times where i didnt replace a laser. every other time, it was simply replaced, no shipping back, 4 weeks in china, RMA numbers, send me this, ill send you that. CNI doesnt do that.

So, that all said, CNI is a great laser manufacturer. Absolutely. they have many satisfied customers and make a quality component. Laserwave is a great manufacturer that also has *exponentially* more satisfied customers than unsatisfied customers.

Like my analogy, for those of you that had bad experiences with LAserwave are definitely the exception and not the norm. You think (and rightsully so) that Laserwave is "worse" or not as good. when in reality, that is not the case based on *many* satisfied customers. Lexus owners who have to bring their car ins for repairs also think that their cars suck. When in reality we all know that isnt true.

CNI vs. LaserWave is hard to answer with facts. Where 1 company slacks, the other company excels. where 1 company excels, the other company slacks.

We also need to remenber that LaserWave is a *much younger* company than CNI. to be as successfull as they are currently in a much shorter time speaks pretty damn highly of their commitment to quality and service.

KVANT and RGB are considered "high end" lasers, well, they also have had defective lasers and pissed off customers.

its different for different people. Bottom line, whether you choose LaserWave or CNI, you will get a damn good laser. Now you just need to decide how important service, communication, and commitment is to your purchase(s) and support *AFTER* the sale!!

-Marc
    http://www.laserist.org/images/ildalogos/ILDA-logo_colored-beams_Corporate_150w.jpg

ILDA- U.S. Laser Regulatory Committee

Authorized Dealer for:

• Pangolin Laser Software and Hardware
    • KVANT Laser Modules & Laser Systems
    • X-Laser USA
    • CNI Lasers
    • Cambridge Technology & Eye Magic Professional Scanning Systems

FDA/CDRH Certified Professional LuminanceRGB Laser Light Show Systems

After reading all your coments I think I can really see Marc's point about customer service and I have to say I agree completely.
    In my case, after a year and a half of poking around the forum reading posts, I've ended up with the impresion that customer service for Laserwave is generally superb and that CNI has slightly better reputation quality wise. Not that I've found many bad coments about either of them though.
    If I was buying locally I feel CNI would be the slightly better choice, but as I'll be buying internationally, I feel customer service after the purchase is really important and in that area Laserwave dealers definitely seem to excel.

Domingo.

Quote Originally Posted by gottaluvlasers View Post
    ...Bottom line, whether you choose LaserWave or CNI, you will get a damn good laser. Now you just need to decide how important service, communication, and commitment is to your purchase(s) and support *AFTER* the sale!!

-Marc
    You raise some interesting points in your response Marc...
    For the hobbyist problem lasers are an inconvenience, and spoil your enjoyment ...whoever supplies them...

For those who rely on them as source of income it's slightly different... GOOD customer service, replacements, quick shipping is HIGH priority...confidence in the supplier & back up is EVERYTHING.

....so I agree totally with Marc...I would judge suppliers by their quality (or lack of) customer service AS much as the quality of the units themselves.
    Kev
    Move toward the light!

The bottom line for me is that ALL Chinese lasers (really ALL lasers period) are a crap shoot. You could buy a unit from CNI or Laserwave, or even Melles-Griot or Coherent and it could go belly up the next day. You just never know with lasers. They're finicky at their best. That's why you need a company that gives and honors a good warranty. As has already been stated here, CNI and Laserwave both qualify.

It definitely is interesting thread , but I better stay quiet folks...

Quote Originally Posted by pelosh View Post
    It definitely is interesting thread , but I better stay quiet folks...
    KVANT used Viasho lasers in the past.

I kind of remember Kvant using CNI too, but I could be wrong..

Default lasers

I just bought 3 dhom lasers from ultralasers and they are as good as the sample Dr. Lava and I tested. I highly recommend them.