Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: 445nm O-Like 650mW w/ TTL for $152.99

no clue, i just set the pot for 600mA and then turned up the power slowly, got up to ~1.4W but I turned it down to 1.2W

running the flexmod off of 5VDC and its barely warm after running for many hours, put a little 40mm fan on the module and its warm but nothing alarming

Quote Originally Posted by flecom View Post
    tossed the driver and put a flexmod on it
    Heck, if you were planning on doing that I would have sold you a pre-assembled module for a little bit less than that

pretty much the same as everyone else... pretty sure there are no corrective optics in there

but these things put out so much power you could just use a pinhole and still get a decent amount of power with a nicer dot
    Exactly. The raw power factor is a big factor, i have seen someone post how people seem to not care about beam specs anymore. Its not that, its the bang for the buck is too good and if its really an issue for some people then the pinhole method will work great

no clue, i just set the pot for 600mA and then turned up the power slowly, got up to ~1.4W but I turned it down to 1.2W

running the flexmod off of 5VDC and its barely warm after running for many hours, put a little 40mm fan on the module and its warm but nothing alarming
    Yup, Z bolt and a fan when not mounted to a case or no fan when in a case and this thing will keep cranking it out. I have had one running for 3 weeks continuous with no fan at 1.2 watts while sitting on an extra LT-1000 case I have. Seems to hold up nicely and the heat sink doesnt even get but a degree or two above room temp

Quote Originally Posted by dream beamz View Post
    Heck, if you were planning on doing that I would have sold you a pre-assembled module for a little bit less than that
    well it was $157 + $15 s/h and $37 for the driver so $209... but if you can build them for <$250 thats still a bargain... I'll take one!

Exactly. The raw power factor is a big factor, i have seen someone post how people seem to not care about beam specs anymore. Its not that, its the bang for the buck is too good and if its really an issue for some people then the pinhole method will work great
    bang for buck nothing comes even close to touching these things...

you could combine a pair, pinhole the resulting beam and get a stupid bright beam with a good dot... divergence would be "ok" but most bright reds suck ass anyway

Yup, Z bolt and a fan when not mounted to a case or no fan when in a case and this thing will keep cranking it out. I have had one running for 3 weeks continuous with no fan at 1.2 watts while sitting on an extra LT-1000 case I have. Seems to hold up nicely and the heat sink doesnt even get but a degree or two above room temp
    where does everyone keep getting these Z bolt things?! lol

also it must be nice to have "extra" LT-1000's laying around! I had to save a lot of pennies for mine lol

well it was $157 + $15 s/h and $37 for the driver so $209... but if you can build them for <$250 thats still a bargain... I'll take one!
    I meant, diode pre-pressed in aixiz module with glass lens wires soldered on and placed inside a z-bolt. I would do that for $150 plus $5 tracked shipping in the US. No driver. Basically for those not willing to risk killing the diode soldering or pressing it in the housing. Basically I would make $70 or so off of it but if I killed a diode (still dont even know if its possible, lol) then its on me obviously

where does everyone keep getting these Z bolt things?! lol
    4th item down
    http://www.z-bolt.com/MODIIIbg-green-laser-module.html

also it must be nice to have "extra" LT-1000's laying around! I had to save a lot of pennies for mine lol
    Yeh I got into this long before the cheap Chinese cases were around so i was kinda forced to get quite a few of them way back when........

im interessted in this, does anyone have specs? beam divergence? voltage input? abilities of the ttl input? focusrange? beam diameter?

i cannot find any specs on the page.... this sux a bit. i will beam this from my living room to my garage to 1. look great 2. burn an cut polystyrol-plastic so it will need a perfect collimating.

Default O-Lite 44 Module

Received mine today - 10 days from O-Like to the Highlands of Scotland - pretty good!
    All works well - pics tommorrow.

Regards,

David

im excited! im interessted in the beam diameter and beam quality in distance.

my mail to the company fails twice oO they will not answer...

Helo,sir,
    Beam Divergence is 2-3mrad,and Beam Diameter is 4mm,its lens is glass
    so the kiddy answer from o-like.

and as second:

Sorry,sir,there is no at present

>any datasheets?
    >
    >
    >mfg
    what it this for a company??? TTL 1W laser without ANY datasheet.....

i will not buy it.

your buying a casio diode, with a half decent lens (like an aixiz) in a heatsink housing with a crappy driver... really whats going to vary?

Sorry for no pics as promised. My ISP is really c**p at the moment Lucky to be able to post a message, let alone pics ! (anyone suggest a good UK ISP (tiscali at the moment).

Regards the module and lack of data sheet and specs - I think we all know where they came from, and soecs are well known. For the price, I am quite happy!

Regars,

David