Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Wicked Lasers S3 Spyder Arctic

Quote Originally Posted by ElektroFreak View Post
    "It's only business" is a perfectly valid state of mind, and the ability to separate business from everything else is an extremely important asset to anyone looking to run a company/website/newspaper/tv station/etc.. that wants to make it profitable.
    A valid state of mind if you're an unethical money-grubbing corporation with no concern about the ramifications for the soulless pursuit of profit. "It's only business" is the excuse given by BP for spewing oil into the gulf. Same with TV. Sell, sell, sell without regard for anything but your profit. Just like selling cigarettes on TV, using Joe Camel to entice the kids. Yes, a valid state of mind for a irresponsible sociopath who most certainly goes to church on Sunday to make it all OK for him (or them, or it).

Quote Originally Posted by robert hess View Post
    A valid state of mind if you're an unethical money-grubbing corporation with no concern about the ramifications for the soulless pursuit of profit. "It's only business" .
    A valid state of mind if you're an unethical money-grubbing corporation
    with no concern about the ramifications for the soulless pursuit of profit.
    "It's only business" = Wicked Lasers....IMO

@ mophead...
    If on the other hand you you sold crap tires and your Customer Service
    was useless...(not saying they are..) and you decided to pick up sales
    by some advertising....
    Do you think the Ad placement people will be looking at your Pedigree
    or you ability to pay the Advertising costs...

Jerry
    Last edited by lasersbee; 07-27-2010 at 06:17.
    See the LaserBee II and all other LaserBee LPM products here....
    All LaserBee Laser Power Meter Products

New 3.2Watt RS232/USB LaserBee II LPM REVIEW

Always in stock and ready to ship....
    Subsidary:-Pharma Electronic Solutions

Quote Originally Posted by mophead View Post
    I agree with that to a point. Let's use me for an example:

I am in the tire business. I am 3rd generation in my family business, so I know the industry extremely well. We are quite successful. There are two things we don't sell. GoodyearŽ and sub-par imports. Why? Because we have integrity. Goodyear doesn't stand behind their warrenty and the sub-par imports can be --here comes the keyword-- unsafe.

But guess what? The two things we refuse to sell have the highest profit margins.

So I guess I am questioning LPF's owner and his integrity.

In no way am I trying to minimize the value of integrity. That's what separates good business from bad.. BUT if a business owner puts too much stock in whether or not the general public agrees with their decisions (regarding advertisers or otherwise) they're not going to make as much profit as they will by running the business with profitability as a foremost concern.

I just don't think that out of all the issues one can take with LPF, their choice of advertisers is of any import whatsoever. But much of that is just my opinion of course.

In no way am I trying to minimize the value of integrity. That's what separates good business from bad.. BUT if a business owner puts too much stock in whether or not the general public agrees with their decisions (regarding advertisers or otherwise) they're not going to make as much profit as they will by running the business with profitability as a foremost concern.

I just don't think that out of all the issues one can take with LPF, their choice of advertisers is of any import whatsoever. But much of that is just my opinion of course.
    Of all the issues that can be taken with them, and there are many, this one apparently hit such a big nerve they banned me for bringing it up. That's because they have no defense for it, and are unable to debate a valid criticism. I believe that's because it speaks directly to the absence of their integrity. That's my opinion.

Of all the issues that can be taken with them, and there are many, this one apparently hit such a big nerve they banned me for bringing it up. That's because they have no defense for it, and are unable to debate a valid criticism. I believe that's because it speaks directly to the absence of their integrity. That's my opinion.
    Since integrity seems to come up...

Actually you were banned for sending a "Fuck You" PM to the LPF
    Admin...

http://laserpointerforums.com/f59/ei...tml#post750062

And he still will cancel the ban if ant members think you should
    be un-banned..

He had given you at least 2 chances to come back into the community
    and under a different User Name but you had some need to bring up old
    issues and beat them to death...

Now you seem to be doing it here...
    I've seen enough of the "they banned me" posts by you...
    I also got banned on LPF... I let it rest... and life goes on
    with a lot less stress...

Man... Bob... you're going to give yourself a Stress Heart Attack...
    For what.... the words on your computer screen off the Internet...Click image for larger version. 

Name:	confused-smiley-013.gif 
Views:	289 
Size:	275 Bytes 
ID:	18435

Jerry
    Last edited by lasersbee; 07-27-2010 at 09:05.

Who deserved every word of it, after going back on his promises to me after the first one. Another good example of his absence of integrity, which is also shown by his advertising Wicked Lasers, known to rip people off, on his site.

Ahh yes, so you're the sunshine and butterflies type.. the "let's all be friends and give a crap about each other" type.. the "I don't make no money type?"..
    I work for a billion dollar company that gives a crap, so you know, it's *not* impossible to combine insane profitability with ethical behaviour.

Apple? Give a crap? Really? Like any multi-billion dollar company, their ethics are surely questionable in some way.. you don't get that big without making decisions that some would find disagreeable, questionable or unethical depending on their perspective.. assuming of course that's where you work. Believe me.. Steve Jobs knows what "just buisiness" is.

Who deserved every word of it, after going back on his promises to me after the first one. Another good example of his absence of integrity, which is also shown by his advertising Wicked Lasers, known to rip people off, on his site.

The most hilarious part of this is the fact that you refuse to admit even the tiniest responsibility for your treatment at LPF. You even sent a message to admin entitled "fuck you".. you'd get a permaban from me too if that's how you wanted to play. Don't act like the issues you've had there were completely because of the so-called "unethical" administration. That's just bullshit plain and simple.

LPF is rife with issues.. no doubt there. But dude, so are you my friend.. this isn't as simple as "I got fucked around on LPF".. you brought most of it on yourself. You were given multiple chances, and each time you went off the deep end.. but none of that is your fault right? LOL!! That's rich.. they've got meds for that shit, bro.

I'm done with this thread. I was hoping maybe we could keep the LPF drama on LPF (or at least not here) but I see that that idea (along with reason) is lost on you Bob.

Seriously.. some people can't see past the end of their own noses. Everybody is out to get THEM..
    Last edited by ElektroFreak; 07-27-2010 at 10:15.

Apple? Give a crap? Really? Like any multi-billion dollar company, their ethics are surely questionable in some way..
    Apple couldn't afford me.

Quote Originally Posted by heroic View Post
    I work for a billion dollar company that gives a crap, so you know, it's *not* impossible to combine insane profitability with ethical behaviour.
    I'm honestly curious... who do you work for heroic...
    PM me if it's Hush-Hush...

Jerry