Page 33 of 34 FirstFirst ... 23293031323334 LastLast

Thread: Running the XJ-A140 With Missing Diodes

Hi OzOnE,

any ideas/hints for simply disabling the phosphor wheel and the 4 ventilators (3 laserbank, 1 red)?

Viktor

Yep, krazer has info on this.

It's a bit tricky to bypass the wheel as it needs to have that "feedback" loop to keep the PJ happy.

It looks like a small MPU chip is needed to spoof the fan controller too (krazer did some nice work reversing that stuff, so he should be able to help you out).

I did try forcing the Red LED to work with the driver board outside of the PJ, but I managed to kill the LED driver chip on my first board. lol

OzOnE.
    "It's like lasing a stick of Dynamite."...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ds0wYpc1eM&fmt=18
    Surely all PL members have seen this movie?

... I've managed to remove 3 of the 4 fans by connecting all of the FDET-pins - and after the beamer is running, the last fan can be stopped too ... but for the next start he has to run free again or an error will be detected.

According to the datasheet of the fans I can apply a stable PWM-signal to the FDET-pin, so a NE555 should be enough to bypass the fans ... soon ...

I've hot-glued the phosphor wheel to the bottom and removed all the beam-forming optics, the red LED (the Peltier is the only detected part, so stays attached) and the last mirror in the 'knee' of the DMD-housing.

I've made this mainly for a 405nm-diodelaser for UV-printing, as the optics absorbs a big part of the light ... but with a fiber-bundle lightfeeder pointing through the opening I can apply any other lamp too ...

Viktor

So my Projector is now working with 6 Diodes THANK YOU VERY MUCH OzOnE... works great an everything stays cool (36° C with ECO mode off).
    Great.. really great ))))
    So I got a cheap and very bright projector for my small student flat share
    The picture is nearly the same compared to my other projector with 18 Diodes, unbelievable
    Last edited by matratzki; 12-04-2012 at 11:14.

Quote Originally Posted by matratzki View Post
    So my Projector is now working with 6 Diodes THANK YOU MUCH OzOnE... works great an everything stays cool (36° C with ECO mode off).
    Great.. really great ))))
    Great... Now i search for 6 Diodes in Germany...

... you too?

Hi,
    so there are two pictures of my Casio XJ A130 projectors next to each others.
    the right one is populated with 18 Diodes, the left one with 6 ones (color correction.. red -1/blue+50/green+50)
    ECO mode off at both projectors.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dsc01202.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	57.9 KB 
ID:	36010
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dsc01198.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	57.7 KB 
ID:	36009

... I think you can insert a piece of dark sunglasses in the path of the red beam - should give better colour-'homogenity' without expense ...

Viktor

Hey whats up guys anyone alive out there

i was wondering does anyone have or know where i can get two 8060-6039B dmds out there?....in bad need of them....any info is greatly appreciated

thanks

keith