Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: FlexMod P3 Analog/TTL Laser Diode Driver

Smile Received First Driver. Works Great!

I just received the first of my 3 flexmod drives and I tested it with a blue laser diode at 1.3 amps. I had the modulation connected to my laser control board and it modulates very nice. Now all I've got to wait for is the other two to arrive as well as my 12VDC regulated power supply.

Thanks my package showed up yesterday.

Default Interlock Question

Since I have 3 of these driver (RGB), is it ok to connect all the interlock wires together to be connected to my key switch?

Hi, yes, they can be connected as long as they are all running from the same power supply.

I was just setting up my first one and set the bias to 180mA. I had to get my little 7805 5v source to set the gain and connected the 5v to M+ and made it to 480mA and now it won't go higher, or lower. Not sure what it would do but I did shut it off to get the 5v.

Any ideas what I might be missing? It's probably something stupid that I'm overlooking but I'm at a loss and already wondering if it's going to be run a LOC red a little too high or a 445nm woefully low.

Quote Originally Posted by Howie View Post
    I was just setting up my first one and set the bias to 180mA. I had to get my little 7805 5v source to set the gain and connected the 5v to M+ and made it to 480mA and now it won't go higher, or lower. Not sure what it would do but I did shut it off to get the 5v.

Any ideas what I might be missing? It's probably something stupid that I'm overlooking but I'm at a loss and already wondering if it's going to be run a LOC red a little too high or a 445nm woefully low.
    the lower thing surprises me, your on the top pot?

What voltage and amp rating is the main power supply for v+?
    leading in trailing technology

The power supply is just a cheap 12V kit I got a few years ago. I honestly couldn't remember so I had to try and look it up and I think I know the problem.

I'm at 11.9V and it says it's rated up to 125mA at 12V and 200mA at 10V or below. I don't know how the current made it as high as it did, or why it doesn't move, but the under powered supply is without a doubt the problem.

I'll have to dig around and find a more suitable source and see what it does.

Edit: Pulled out a 12V 1.75A Radioshack power supply from WAY back. It was giving me a little over 16V so I used that. Worked like a charm and was showing 2.8A, which as you might imagine, was getting hot quick. I got it down to 900mA and all is good now. Thanks for pointing out the obvious.
    Last edited by Howie; 09-11-2010 at 15:45. Reason: Fixed my mistake

Default comentar y salduar

Drlava Hello, I need to know, which are in analog modulation khz, if they are 10, 20, 30kHz, thanks
    MI COLECCION LASER

-532nm - >650mw
    -658nm - >900mw
    -473nm - >140mw
    -445nm - >1000mw
    -405nm - >140mw

pangolin Quickshow

laser meccla RGB 3W 50k

MI CANAL -- http://www.youtube.com/user/NEEXMOO --

MI WEB -- http://www.forolinternasled.com --

Hi, if I understand your question correctly, the answer is the bandwidth of these is DC to 150kHz.

Default comentar

no no I asked about the speed of modulation in analog,