Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: FlexMod P3 Analog/TTL Laser Diode Driver

Hi

I did send the payment some time ago.. (1 month)
    And wonder if the flexmod is shipped out ?

thank you

Lulighttec, it was good to meet you, too. With the information about which wires are the diode leads, the conversion of that green to analog with a FlexMod should be relatively straightforward.. measure the idle and max current out of the stock setup and tweak this to match.

MSpencer, you've been given some good answers here. I wish they would put the pull up resistors on the DAC instead of the driver input.. it just doesn't make sense to have hte laser full on with nothing connected. The most likely solution for you is to add a pull up resistor on the ttl output of your controller (assuming it's an open drain output and not driven ttl output) and everything will be golden.

Everyone: The large batch has now come in (2 weeks later than expected) and I'm shipping out orders. Expect to see shipping notifications from Google checkout as yours is charged, processed, and sent. Thanks for hanging in there!

liteglow, yours is now on it's way!

Default 3

I'll take #3. PM me for toltal and s&h
    Emory
    BEAMANN (GODSLIGHT SHOWS)

Smile

Actually none of this will matter in the end. I tested my laser control board and the outputs are analog. 0.3v is off and 4.99 is full on. I'm going to use your drivers for all three colors. My red and blue modules are axis modules with heatsinks. The green module is a 200mw module from China. It's modulation input floats high so it can be used as a plug and play stand alone lazer. It turns out that the driver it came with had an issue with its modulation. It was malfunctioning. I would plug it into my lazer control board and it wouldn't modulate. I then purchased a couple drivers on ebay that function the same way. They work as stand alone drivers so when you power them up modulation is not needed to activate the laser. However these drivers were not powerful enough (only 630mah). My issue was I thought the reason these e-bay drivers turned on with no modulation plugged in is because it acted like ON=0 volts where my laser control board was doing the opposite, ON=5 volts. So now you can see why I thought there might be an issue using the flexmods. I thought my laser control board would tell it to turn ON when it's supposed to turn OFF and vice versa. But after testing the control board outputs I realized I was wrong and the flexmods will work fine.

@DrLava: sent you a PM about changing my order from 2 flexmods P3 to 4 if possible.
    Would be cool if it's possible !
    I didn't fail !
    I just found out 10,000 ways that didn't work.

[QUOTE=mspencer1;161471]Actually none of this will matter in the end.

Are you going to leave it with no safety standby OFF switch other than the mains!

Makes working on it or cleaning optics etc. slightly dodgy!

Better to pull down internally and have an interlock defeat plug to pull it back up on the back of the projector IMHO.

Unplug this and laser is OFF

Cheers
    Last edited by catalanjo; 09-01-2010 at 01:05. Reason: no reason in particular

I'm going to install an interlock key on the back of the projector but I think there is a language going on here that I don't fully understand. Why would I have to install a pull down resistor when theres a safety interlock? Does the pull down resistor just keep the modulation input on the flexmod from floating high?

Quote Originally Posted by mspencer1 View Post
    I'm going to install an interlock key on the back of the projector but I think there is a language going on here that I don't fully understand. Why would I have to install a pull down resistor when theres a safety interlock? Does the pull down resistor just keep the modulation input on the flexmod from floating high?
    No, the flexmod does not need pull-downs. Maybe he's thinking of the chinese driver?

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by drlava View Post
    No, the flexmod does not need pull-downs. Maybe he's thinking of the chinese driver?
    That would make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by mspencer1 View Post
    The green module is a 200mw module from China. It's modulation input floats high so it can be used as a plug and play stand alone lazer.
    Correct !

Cheers