Thread: Attention all 'Northerly Brethren': The Sun is planning a Light Show for ya'll...

Cool Attention all 'Northerly Brethren': The Sun is planning a Light Show for ya'll...

....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

And for all you Southerners out there that'll miss this brilliant display, on Aug 13, a couple hours before sunrise you'll get to see the Perseid meteor shower.

Quote Originally Posted by DZ View Post
    And for all you Southerners out there that'll miss this brilliant display, on Aug 13, a couple hours before sunrise you'll get to see the Perseid meteor shower.
    Do you mean actually get up before the sun comes up, or stay up all night partying and try to make it to sunrise?

I'd go for option 2.

I would also drop out about midnight and miss it for sure.

Cool

When I was much younger (still living in Wisconsin), I tried to stay up late one night to watch the leonid meteor shower. I lived on the shore of lake Michigan back then, so it was cold and damp at night. (The Leonids are in the middle of November, you see.)

I had a sleeping bag to keep me warm, but nothing to keep me entertained while I waited. So yeah, I saw a few meteors early on, then promptly fell asleep and missed the bulk of the show. Woke up around 3 am frozen stiff, and when I looked up I only saw one or two more before deciding to go back in the house to warm up. Sigh...

Adam

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    ...I tried to stay up late one night to watch the leonid meteor shower...
    Hah! great story... I've got one almost the same, 'cept it was on our 'flat' roof, when I lived in NY... me and my Boys did much the same (with packs, and all....) but did-manage to 'wake-up', just in-time to catch a really radical 'burst' of 'em... ever see those 'curly-Q' ones? looked just like that fancy long, 'curly' pasta, comin nearly straight-in... super incredibly cool... Da Boys were all like 'Ooohh, koool!!!!'... ...'misson-accomplished'.

Did (...anybody out there...) 'see' anything that night, 'borealis-wise'? Or was everybody 'glued to their screens'?... jus' curious....

peas..
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...