Thread: Quad build Heat and electrical

Default Quad build Heat and electrical

I am building a quad set up to put in a existing projector, It has a 1/2" Aluminum plate and heat sinks on bottom fan cooled. Two questions:
    1) Electrically should I isolate the quad form the plate which has the DPSS 532 and a Diode 640 on it as well?

2) best suggestion form getting the heat from the quad module to the plate and heat sinks. I was hoping to not do a TEC as there is plenty of cooling if If can get the heat to transfer.
    Thanks

I would also like to see others input on this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by wondertwnz View Post
    I am building a quad set up to put in a existing projector, It has a 1/2" Aluminum plate and heat sinks on bottom fan cooled. Two questions:
    1) Electrically should I isolate the quad form the plate which has the DPSS 532 and a Diode 640 on it as well?

2) best suggestion form getting the heat from the quad module to the plate and heat sinks. I was hoping to not do a TEC as there is plenty of cooling if If can get the heat to transfer.
    Thanks
    i believe 445 diodes do not need isolating.

although casio do not tec the 445 diodes and let them run very hot. kvant and rgb both tec cool their 445 modules.

so if kvant and rgb tec ill be tec'ing
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

My quad is tec cooled also. Actually the whole setup is. To get your quad rockstable tec is neccesary.

Also use lenses with a short FL like 4mm and a high NA above 0.5

I have 4 quads sitting on my desk that i can start building after my trip to barcelona.
    Imagine 4watt of blue in the palm of your hand

So if I use a TEC should I put one under the whole quad plate? IT is a 4" square plate. Quad kit from Laserman / MicroLaser

Thanks
    Larry

Use two suitable ones in serie. Zoof told me that the current is important Like for example 30x30 ones.

Before taking the time to do all the work with a TEC, measure the heat with it bolted to a baseplate. It might be fine with a good solid baseplate. The diodes run in the casio projectors pretty warm and still have a long life. If you look around 300 evil has a thread about one of these completed units and the heat output.

I don't use a TEC on my 445 module and its bolted to the baseplate with angles, so there is not contact. It runs fine and has a stable output.

I think I will just mount it up after the build ans see what happens, This is a RGB Systems projector and has a ton of cooling in it.
    What would be a good safe max temp on these?

Quote Originally Posted by edison View Post
    My quad is tec cooled also. Actually the whole setup is. To get your quad rockstable tec is neccesary.

Also use lenses with a short FL like 4mm and a high NA above 0.5

I have 4 quads sitting on my desk that i can start building after my trip to barcelona.
    Imagine 4watt of blue in the palm of your hand

Hey Johan,
    When is your trip to BCN ?
    I am in UK right now but it would be cool to meet there depending on dates.

Cheers

PS.
    Sorry to get off thread