Thread: and heres my attempt at a 445 build

Default and heres my attempt at a 445 build

My parts are allready pre made,so i kinda cheated I guess.
    I have 50 650 raw red laser diodes that the company I work for obsoleted and threw out.
    I rescued them,and brought them home.
    I know that the red cans are the same size as the 405 cans and the 445 cans I noticed were the same size as well.
    so I unscrewed the acrylic lens,and gently and carefully pressed out the red diode(it was soldered to its circuit board and was held in place with black RTV.
    I toook a blue raw can and *carefully* pressed it in with a proper press & used a brass standoff as the ring that went against the diode to press it in place.
    I modified one of our switcher diode power supplies,replacing a resistor to increase the voltage, added the diode & plugged it in & Viola! blue light instead of red. =)
    I took the metal heatsink assembly,mounted the new blue in it and used arctic silver on the outer brass diode housing. the case is a machined acrylic block that holds the metal plate & has thumbscrews on it to allow up and down and side to side movement.
    Everything in this unit was scrapped/obsolete materials salvaged from e waste.
    I took trash and turned it into something useful.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails tahoe,dog&laser 057.jpg  

tahoe,dog&laser 051.jpg  

Will there be three phase!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Vidal Wolf View Post
    My parts are allready pre made,so i kinda cheated I guess.
    I have 50 650 raw red laser diodes that the company I work for obsoleted and threw out.
    I rescued them,and brought them home.
    I know that the red cans are the same size as the 405 cans and the 445 cans I noticed were the same size as well.
    so I unscrewed the acrylic lens,and gently and carefully pressed out the red diode(it was soldered to its circuit board and was held in place with black RTV.
    I toook a blue raw can and *carefully* pressed it in with a proper press & used a brass standoff as the ring that went against the diode to press it in place.
    I modified one of our switcher diode power supplies,replacing a resistor to increase the voltage, added the diode & plugged it in & Viola! blue light instead of red. =)
    I took the metal heatsink assembly,mounted the new blue in it and used arctic silver on the outer brass diode housing. the case is a machined acrylic block that holds the metal plate & has thumbscrews on it to allow up and down and side to side movement.
    Everything in this unit was scrapped/obsolete materials salvaged from e waste.
    I took trash and turned it into something useful.
    Nice Job Vidal Wolf

great job reusing parts the work great have u measured power output yet (if u can ofcourse)

there a tad big for my liking but otherwise good job
    Do not look into laser with remaining eye
    Need laser repair contact me !!!!!!