Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: USB SoundCard DAC Amp Correction Kits - By AUDIOLASE - Group Buy Edition.

Quote Originally Posted by dnar View Post
    Hi Adam,

No drama. I just broke out the DSO and confirmed channel assignments. I have X/Y correct. I'll review soon.

Cheers.
    That's a good start! Now it's just getting the color channels right. If you deal with one color at a time, it seems to be easier to figure out what goes where. Worst case scenario, you learn how a 1930's telephone switchboard operator feels.

Quote Originally Posted by 300EVIL View Post
    The force is strong with you.... With your Spaghetti and my AudioLase we could be come more powerful than the emperor could imagine... Wait.. What? Seriously though... Package deal?
    It's cool that my EzAudDac driver, combined with the open design and your manufacturing has enabled the sound card DAC to gain the popularity that it has. I just ask that you remember that before I wrote it, Gary had said it wasn't likely to work, and all of your devices that you sell rely on it, so if you would, please give me a shout-out in the above 'package'? After all, it's what allows the audio DAC to be used as a laser controller with most software including Spaghetti, LDS, and LSX.
    The credit goes beyond me, too, to others who no longer or rarely post here. Sorry if this seems like a selfish reminder, I was just feeling left out of the party

Quote Originally Posted by drlava View Post
    It's cool that my EzAudDac driver, combined with the open design and your manufacturing has enabled the sound card DAC to gain the popularity that it has. I just ask that you remember that before I wrote it, Gary had said it wasn't likely to work, and all of your devices that you sell rely on it, so if you would, please give me a shout-out in the above 'package'? After all, it's what allows the audio DAC to be used as a laser controller with most software including Spaghetti, LDS, and LSX.
    The credit goes beyond me, too, to others who no longer or rarely post here. Sorry if this seems like a selfish reminder, I was just feeling left out of the party
    Hi DrLava, thanks for joining the dots. I for one had no idea of you key involvement.

Grats.

Wayne.
    This space for rent.

Hi DrLava, thanks for joining the dots. I for one had no idea of you key involvement.

Grats.

Wayne.
    Absolutely, thank YOU for your post. History is rich here, for the interested, if you're interested, this is how it all got started back in 2008:

http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...e-Cheap-DACing!
    http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...Correction-Amp

Default AudioLase The Story...

Hey Andrew!
    Thanks for your post. I know you are a smart guy and have developed some great products over the years. The FlexMod is a great driver! While I appreciate your opinion, I don't know if you have heard the "FULL" story behind AudioLase.

I have been an entrepreneur since a young age. (around 6 years old) Like my father, I try and place myself in a market where there is no product duplication, I like to be the first at things.

I started the AudioLase project because, at the time, I was the only one doing it... See this thread beginning post #8.... http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...ght=selem+2008

At the time, the only way to get into LaserBoy was to "build" a soundcard DAC. There were no kits or boards to speak of and there were no rights or license agreements to the schematics of the circuit design. (I later found out that Dean Hammonds was the designer of this circuit and have spoken with him about his design many times.)

When I designed AudioLase, there was no talk of a similar product created by you and James Lehman until right before SELEM 2008 when I already invested a considerable amount of money and time in the project. I already had the boards, parts and planned to unveil my AudioLase board at SELEM 2008.

Unknown to me, you and James were working on a similar project with the same schematic and I was notified by a post on PL days before SELEM 2008. I talked with James via PM about my board and, out of courtesy, decided to "put it on ice" and let you guys have your time with the market.

When you ran out of your board, I asked if I could take over for you. Out of respect. Since then, I have sold my original stock and have made additional boards to fill the orders.

I don't wish to step on anyone's toes, but the first audio based correction board using this schematic was mine. I designed, modified and developed it on my own. If I knew someone was coming out with a competing product, I would have never built it.

There is actually a few other laser show products I thought I had the jump on but I was a "minute too late and a dollar short" and don't wish to come out with a product that follows someone else. I like to be the first. I'm not a "Me to!" guy....

In conclusion, I wish no bad blood between you, James or anyone else involved. I created AudioLase to be a solution for people who were not electronics savy and wanted to get into laser shows for cheap. My intention was not to rip off anyone's ideas but to promote what I do best and help others... You are a great EE and I appreciate your input on PL and the great products that you offer. I hope you can understand my thinking and we can continue a friendship.
    Thanks!
    Adam

Hi Adam, no bad blood at all, man. In fact, James and I had posted that schematic SO THAT other people could design and build their own boards like you did. So it's totally cool, I hope you understand.

The fact that I also sold boards for a while is not what I was posting about above, except for 'history', it's the software driver EzAudDac that makes it all work that I was referring to.

Hi Adam, no bad blood at all, man. In fact, James and I had posted that schematic SO THAT other people could design and build their own boards like you did. So it's totally cool, I hope you understand.

The fact that I also sold boards for a while is not what I was posting about above, except for 'history', it's the software driver EzAudDac that makes it all work that I was referring to.

Cool man! I don't want to steal anyone's dreams. I must admit, my sales of AudioLase and LaserBugs do somewhat support my hobby, I'm very poor compared to what I used to make before the economy crashed on my ass in the copier biz.

I do fully recognize you, James and Dean to be some of the key innovators of open source audio DACing and I think that's great for a lot of people that want to start in laser shows and don't want to spend the Pango price in the beginning. It really is a great way to start. I'm still amazed to this day with the output of a soundcard and a little signal magic.
    Thanks!
    Adam

I'm getting out of here before Soforene arrives with a group hug!
    This space for rent.

I'm getting out of here before Soforene arrives with a group hug!
    I'll beat him to it with an even better pic!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 300EVIL View Post
    I'll beat him to it with an even better pic!!!
    You have been to one too many Dutch LEM's...
    This space for rent.