View Poll Results: Hazer or fogger for laser display?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • Fogger

9 16.98%
  • Hazer

44 83.02%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hazer vs Fogger for lasers display

I find hazers best. I run a fog machine, yet I run BaseHaze fluid.
    This space for rent.

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

@Norty...

I typed a long response last night and somehow lost in in the posting process. In short, the fazers are really kind of amazing. Two of them were probably too much though. But, if you're looking for a suitable backup, they're well worth a look.

I'll try this again.

Couple thoughts/observations. The banquet facility I manage has a ballroom 104' x 68' with an average of 14' high ceilings. It is dividable in half for smaller groups with a large folding wall. To this point, I've always done dance events with light/lasers/atmosphere in 1/2 of the ballroom. Dan from X-Laser has been there once and confirmed my suspicion that two hazers would be needed for the entire ballroom. In half, the oil based hazer I bought doesn't make a dent. I had the Chauvets, which work o.k. but, it takes a long time to fill the place up. I have a DJ friend who periodically brings his Antari Fazer in and has great results. Rather than buy a second oil based hazer with the question of whether even two would do the job. I decided to go the fazer route. I also knew that I'd likely want two if I ever did an event with the entire ballroom. I had such an event Saturday night and the units were delivered Friday. I put one in two opposing corners so, without doing the geometry, I guess that put them about 120 feet from each other. Set on continuous with a low output setting, they filled the place remarkably quickly. Maybe 4-5 minutes. It didn't take long for it to be too much. I had the Chauvets situated right under the RGB's just for that occasional burst of definition. I really only hit them for a moment a couple of times durning the evening. I only needed to turn the hazers on about 2 more times in the remaining 4 hours of the event. So, to answer.... it was the fazers.

An observation during all of this is, research, research, research. I've discovered that many models are exactly the same and rebranded by different companies. They may even be the same company and sell two lines. My haze machine is sold by MBT and is exactly the same as a model by Antari. Even the owners manual is written for the Antari but, it was $200 less. The fazers are sold by Irradient and again, exactly the same as the Antari fazer but about $100 less. I don't believe they are imitations or knockoffs. For $198.95 and free shipping (US) I don't think you'd go wrong with an Irradient Z-300 as a back up. I used Black Label "atmospheric" fog juice sold through Guitar Center, which is SUPPOSED to be lighter that other Black Label solutions.

You should check out the Basehaze products.
    This space for rent.

Thumbs up

We've had a few of those Antari 300 Fazers at various LEM's over the years, and I can attest to their ability to fog up a room - FAST! They really pump out the fog...

If you want to save some money on fog juice, don't buy that Black Label stuff. Get some Froggy's Swamp Juice and you'll be all set. The stuff hangs in the air much longer than anything else I've ever used (including the Black Label brand).

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by QUAZAR View Post
    I prefer to place the fan behind the smoke machine. You still have enough velocity to move the smoke, but you dont end up with a fan covered in crap. Once the fan gets smoke fluid on it, all manner of dirt will stick to it and you will never get it clean again.
    Thats an great idea.
    I will try that sometime, thanks.

I use a fan pretty much identical to the one in Quazars post, but I usually put the fogger on a flightcase or 2, firing over the top of the fan, which is angled up at 45 or so degrees.
    Puts the fan a little closer to the actual fog, you can use a lower speed on the fan, which in turn upsets the airflow in the room less (and hence the fog you've just put up there).

as i have only hazer, i'd go for hazer, it doesn't leave such residue as fogger can do and the fluid inside seems to be bottomless