Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 750mW TEC Cooled 445nm Module....

Quote Originally Posted by 300EVIL View Post
    UPDATE!

It runs rock stable but the diode driver heat dissipation is a little too much for the TEC and heatsink. I've decided to go with everyone's suggestion and alter the design. Too bad, the driver fit so nicely in there.

I'll post some more pics after the changes.
    Nice Adam!

Did you see my questions in the previous post?
    This space for rent.

Okay, let's try this...

Quote Originally Posted by dnar View Post
    Hi Adam,

I now have a 1W 445 in an Axiz module plus a 405nm and 2 x 650's. I am planning to build these up with Analog modulation for my projector build. Your module looks nice, how can I obtain similar heatsink mounts, analog drivers etc?

BTW, I am still looking into the various methods posted in these forums regarding beam correction and also combining reds, can you please steer me in the right direction?

Regards,

Wayne.
    Hey Wayne,
    Sorry for the delay, I've been crazy nuts busy. The heatsink is just an old standard NB heatsink from a computer with a little modification. The mounts you can get from Pat AKA Laserman532 on PL and the driver you can get from DrLava on PL.

As for beam correction, I believe DrLava also has some corrective optics available but I have not tried them yet.
    Hope that helps!
    Adam

Nice looking kit Adam but you still have steel bolts acting as a thermal bridge across the Peltier.

Wouldn't it be better if the were nylon ?
    That way the TEC wouldn't be thermally short circuited !

Cheers

PS. No sign of the bugs and fleximod here in UK as yet, PM a tracking number if you have one!
    Last edited by catalanjo; 09-14-2010 at 09:49. Reason: lack of bugs in UK!

With all the hullaballoo...no one noticed what he used the little hole that I have been putting in the mounts since the beginning that everyone always ask me "whats that little hole for?" Plan ahead my friend...and he figured it out (i didnt tell him either)

nice adam
    Pat B

laserman532 on ebay

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt & selling it in a garage sale.

Hey Adam, looks nice. I can't help be think there is going to be some movement of the LD block due to heat expansion...
    This space for rent.

Quote Originally Posted by 300EVIL View Post
    UPDATE!

How is your work bench so clean?
    leading in trailing technology

Quote Originally Posted by catalanjo View Post
    Nice looking kit Adam but you still have steel bolts acting as a thermal bridge across the Peltier.

Wouldn't it be better if the were nylon ?
    That way the TEC wouldn't be thermally short circuited !

Cheers

PS. No sign of the bugs and fleximod here in UK as yet, PM a tracking number if you have one!
    Na, that little amount of feedback won't matter. If I needed to be that particular, I'd insulate it too. Ouch, I just had the tracking info, I'll have to look for it. It's around somewhere. I guarantee it's on it's way though.

Quote Originally Posted by Laserman532 View Post
    With all the hullaballoo...no one noticed what he used the little hole that I have been putting in the mounts since the beginning that everyone always ask me "whats that little hole for?" Plan ahead my friend...and he figured it out (i didnt tell him either)

nice adam
    Thanks Pat!
    It works great! Pics shortly. The hole is the perfect size, placement and distance for the thermistor as well. The way I do it is inject thermal compound in the hole after the thermistor is placed and then cap off both ends with epoxy.

Quote Originally Posted by dnar View Post
    Hey Adam, looks nice. I can't help be think there is going to be some movement of the LD block due to heat expansion...
    Thanks! No, I don't think I'm going to have an issue there. This is how the pro's do it.

Quote Originally Posted by polishedball View Post
    How is your work bench so clean?
    LOL! Everything else is a mess! My lab looks like a laser junk tornado went through it. I usually clear my bench before I start working on a project, I need my elbow room.