Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: My 1W 445 Module build using 4x Anamorphic prisms

Thanks Si

Yes Dave, you just cant get that same shiney surface with a file that you can do with a machine

I did try and get as better finish as I could on the main chassis but it will all be under a plastic cover and most will be blackened anyway so it won't matter too much

The bits of ally I used where all cut off from our water jet cutter at work - I only wish that all surfaces where as neat as when they come off of that machine! A lovely even mottled effect.

Asking advice here but does anyone invisage any problems that might arrise with this set up? I have tried to think of everything that may cause a problem but sometimes 20 eyes is better than one pair
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!

Very nice!!! We are all standing by for the result of your second pair of prisms!

Where did you get that qute little TEC by the way?

The TEC came with the die 4 chill from robin.
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!

Quote Originally Posted by smogthemog View Post
    I have finally found a little time to start my 445 build to replace the now sold 300mW 473 I had in my RGB.
    Good looking build so far. This one is the first I have seen using 2 sets of prisims.

How much did your 473 sell for?

I sold the 473 for 500 Euro's.
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

can you post a pic with the 4 prisms mounted. Not following what you did real well.

Well it's all in the above thread

No, because I haven't yet fitted them. Finding time to do it is an issue with 2 young kids, believe me
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by smogthemog View Post
    Finding time to do it is an issue with 2 young kids, believe me
    Blanket statement there huh?

Finding time to do it is an issue with 2 young kids, believe me
    Tell me about it, I have been putting together my first projecter for 7 months now, I want it so bad but my 2 little en's just dont understand (neither does the missus )

Good Luck!

Can anyone tell me - if I look at the front of the 445 LD, is it pretty obvious which is the Fast Axis?
    I am guessing the FA is 'across' the diode so to speak with the beam looking like an expanded version of the 'chip' that I see in the diode?

So, if the diode is fitted in it's mount with the 'chip' laid horizontal, the FA will also be horizontal and the SA vertical? Yes??
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!