Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Phoenix LIVE version 3.3 is now available

I'm running Windows 7 on my laptop, and have no problems with Phoenix live 3.3. Versions of Phoenix Live prior to version 3 didn't have a good reputation for stability, but the latest versions seems pretty good.
    It's important to use a computer that meets their minimum specification - 2 core, 2GHz, 2GB memory.

Default Access Rights problem? and No laser showing up in the hardware check.

I recently purchased the latest version of Phoenix Live Show
    controller (3.25) from LEP laser (sales manager Norman). I have read the manual, followed the provided directions, and have just installed the software with the
    correct operations for installing the usb dongle and then the output
    card with the device drivers. It says that they have been installed
    correctly. When I click on the Phoenix "Live" button on the start up
    screen. A small window opens multiple times that says "ACCESS REGISTRY
    PROBLEM". Phoenix Live eventually opens but the screen is
    semi-transparent, is not formatted correctly, and most of the buttons,
    icons, and levels don't click or work.
    Another problem, when I click the "hardware check" button on the
    start-up screen there is no status or devices in the device list when
    the 400 RGB ILDA laser projector (hardware) is connected into the
    phoenix usb interface dongle.
    I have tried another computer and another 150 mW Green ILDA laser and
    the same problem happens.
    I am working a show with phoenix live and these lasers this weekend. I
    need immediate support and to solve this problem now. I have worked
    with the phoenix live demo version and know that screen and software
    do not appear formatted correctly.
    Can anyone help me?

Thank you,

Michael
    michael.edward.bowles@gmail.com

I also had the same problem when i bought the package. Your Dac is not installed correctly. Remove the drivers, reboot, install again, reboot. It should work after that.

Laser Warning Win 7 solution

I had the same problem and like you said it's an easy fix. open device manager in control panel, delete the Phoenix driver, find driver on computer ( don't look on the internet, it's on the disk. It just doesn't load on install, you have to do it manually). After you instal the driver the program will work and you can calibrate the projector in the hardware test.

Question Please.....Need Sugestions

I bought recently a Phoenix Live Kit, I only have the chance to play with it a few times before I lost the Dongle Key. I contact the manufacturer and in a short words they are rude and careless. I contact the seller and they don't sell only the Dongle. The manufacturer wants me to pay a full price of $550 again. Is not fair the need to buy another copyright Key when you have proof that you bought the rights already. I don't mind if the Phoenix developers ask for a small fee for a Dongle replacement, but make you pay full price, that is to be too greedy. When I question them about that stupid Dongle system, they told me that this only happens to a 1% of the customers. And I told them, if they cannot do at least a one time exemption for that 1%? They never answer me back,... what a thieves.

Anyway,....I would be very happy to find the way to make it work, and shared it to everybody, to screw them up.

Is anybody on this forum that know how to make the software works without the Dongle?

Thank you,
    Kikichu

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Kikichu View Post
    And I told them, if they cannot do at least a one time exemption for that 1%? They never answer me back,... what a thieves.

Anyway,....I would be very happy to find the way to make it work, and shared it to everybody, to screw them up.

Is anybody on this forum that know how to make the software works without the Dongle?
    As much as their attitude sucks, the only way to do what you ask is a software crack which is illegal; I hate to say it, two wrongs won't make a right.
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

hmm I saw phoenix lasershow on prolight and a friend of mine has it too.
    I was talking to the guy and when I asked him what's all this stuff about paying when you want to update.
    I sweak he said they stopped doing the pay thing now and from now on are doing updates for free? That was a big lie I see.

Secondly I heard they are working on their own 3D software?
    I looked it up and saw pictures of it.... no offense but It looks kind of dissapointing, the interface is too bold and by just looking at it it seems it's just lacking way too many features to be used correctly.

Yep, i have heard this before, their customer service suck.
    Go for Pangolin Quickshow....that's much better software then phoenix live
    and they have great customer service.

Quote Originally Posted by Lassie View Post
    Yep, i have heard this before, their customer service suck.
    Go for Pangolin Quickshow....that's much better software then phoenix live
    and they have great customer service.
    yup and I heard that they drop complete support when your a few versions behind.

if an employee of phoenix reads this:
    Take these comments as a valueable source and start working on improving this, because a company continueing like this will not really last that much longer nowadays.
    The internet is becoming more and more powerfull when it comes to bussiness, advertising and popularity.
    Better take this serious phoenix.

Quote Originally Posted by allthatwhichis View Post
    As much as their attitude sucks, the only way to do what you ask is a software crack which is illegal; I hate to say it, two wrongs won't make a right.
    Asking for what you called illegal is not what I would like to do, that's why at the beggining I paid for that software.

People from this forum, I would like what all think about this scenario:

You paid over $2000 on the Phoenix Pro and spent weeks making all the designs, the system ready to go. During the show installation you lost or stopworking the Dongle. You called Phoenix and they said "Sorry you must purchase another licence".

You know what.....they grab you from the tail and you are obligated to pay anything to just have it back working because you have a show contract,.... that's I called "Legally Stealing"

A company overseas that make you feel that they got your money and they don't care about you anymore, I'm sorry, but they don't deserve my respect. I called illegal when you never pay to get the rights, I already did it. That mean crack the software for people like me is not illegal.

People, don't invest your money on anything that have that stupid Dongle. This lesson cost me $550. I'm thinking to go with Pangolin instead.