Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Zero Point Energy, Perpetual motion is possible

Quote Originally Posted by Pianoman View Post
    Why can't you cut them in half? Do they lose their repulsion force? I'm curious because I've never tried. Again though, if thats not possible, you can just angle them so that they work for the purpose of spinning the wheel, the only reason for cutting them would be to reduce the number of magnets you have to buy for the experiment.
    Slice a loaf of bread as thin as you want...there will always be two sides

if you want to impress people build one of these (this is also my video) It really impresses chicks which would be good for a college student.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2CSV1ibmwc
    Pat B

laserman532 on ebay

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt & selling it in a garage sale.

So, if you have one of the contraptions you built, laserman.......

Once you give it a twist--how long does it turn?

Quote Originally Posted by mophead View Post
    So, if you have one of the contraptions you built, laserman.......

Once you give it a twist--how long does it turn?
    i used skateboard bearings with exact machining on all parts all other materials were non conductive and precision laser cut from plexiglas . There were 3 levels of 18 ND magnets around the perimeter which provided excellent centrifugal force, i only ever spun it up by hand and it would spin for less than about 40 seconds. Friction is your basic problem in these designs.

I will try to attach a top view, but it was three levels with each rotor staggered by the right amount. Oh well i cant attach a word doc but if anyone wants the design, I will email a corel x13 version if you want it. Or if someone can tell me how to attach the drawing i will.
    Pat B

laserman532 on ebay

Sounds like a job for the Turbo Encabulator:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXW0bx_Ooq4

mixedgas is online now Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Perendev took the South African Goverment for 7 Million US dollars before he fled. That is why he has such high credibility with the kooks. He received multiple payments over time, each time conning them out of more. In other words, the fringe community believes they paid him to go away. In reality, he told them pay more or he'd admit he was a fraud etc.

More fraudulent types picked up on what Perendev did and perpetuate the myth for fleecing those who do not study thermodynamics, or hire decent engineers to evaluate the examples provided.

Steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

Thanks for shedding some light on the situation laserman! Well done on your design, it looks cool/ great whether it works or not . After seeing your first hand experience and doing further reading online, I realize that such a device(that actually works) is not likely to be invented by a college student. however I was planning on buying a set of neodymium magnets from Unitednuclear anyway, so I'll still probably dabble with the wheel idea, something like this perhaps :
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoiReuIlqMI

I'm definitely going to build a homopolar motor, looks fun and easy like you said. I've already thought up some cool ideas for a multi axis device running on a slightly larger battery perhaps our galaxy with orbiting planets ? Thanks again for the feedback guys, I knew that I could get relevant well versed information if I asked on the forum .

Jonathan

mixedgas is online now Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

http://pesn.com/2010/04/24/9501640_M..._embezzlement/

Some body should bust him for the HUGE waste of time and internet electrons he has created.

Steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

Quote Originally Posted by Laserman532 View Post
    Slice a loaf of bread as thin as you want...there will always be two sides

if you want to impress people build one of these (this is also my video) It really impresses chicks which would be good for a college student.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2CSV1ibmwc
    Ok, I've been slicing all day.. My bread is now 1 atom thick.. I can't cut it anymore with this butter knife!
    - instinct

and Andrew hits the nail on the head!

Quote Originally Posted by drlava View Post
    Jonathan, a big problem I see with those working on these devices is a misunderstanding of the definitions of force, energy, power, work, and potential energy. ...
    edit: Hi Jonathan, it is good to have that dream and it can be a real motivator to study. But beware that thousands of people have tried to find a loop hole in physics. If it is there you will not find it based on elementary physics or by chance. But study and work on it, and if you do not beat the laws of physics (my bet) you may become someone with a real invention that will be remembered (for the right reasons).
    Interestingly Albert E. worked in a patent office, proving people wrong who came with `inventions' that somehow violated the laws of physics - so playing with these ideas and proving yourself wrong may in fact be a way to hone your genius...

p.s. anyone familiar with a little toy called a levitron?
    Last edited by Zoof; 08-27-2010 at 00:06.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoof View Post
    and Andrew hits the nail on the head!

edit: Hi Jonathan, it is good to have that dream and it can be a real motivator to study. But beware that thousands of people have tried to find a loop hole in physics. If it is there you will not find it based on elementary physics or by chance. But study and work on it, and if you do not beat the laws of physics (my bet) you may become someone with a real invention that will be remembered (for the right reasons).
    Interestingly Albert E. worked in a patent office, proving people wrong who came with `inventions' that somehow violated the laws of physics - so playing with these ideas and proving yourself wrong may in fact be a way to hone your genius...

p.s. anyone familiar with a little toy called a levitron?
    levitron...hehe...it slows down and fails too.........hmmmmmmmm
    Pat B

laserman532 on ebay