Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Feedback on SELEM; thoughts for improvement...

Thumbs up A personal message from Casey Stack to SELEM attendees

Hey folks;

I received this message (below) from Casey Stack at Laser Compliance Inc regarding SELEM and his safety presentation. He asked me to post it here on PL, since he is traveling overseas and won't be back for at least a couple weeks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey Stack
    A great big thank you to Adam Burns, Selem, and all who made my time there Monday fun and interesting.
    I appreciate all who took off work and stayed an extra day to attend the presentation in person or remotely even as far away as Australia, I enjoyed the opportunity to speak to you all. It is good to see so many concerned with both compliance as well as safety. Keep up the pursuit of a solid education in laser safety. It's not something you get in one sitting. Although it is true that serious laser display ocular accidents are not reported in significant numbers, they do happen with vector displays. Nothing is worth damaging your eyesight. Please consider getting formalized LSO safety training just as critical to your trade as your scanners and your laser software.

Also, remember the success of entertainment mediums aren't about hardware, they are about the quality of the show you present. Promote this beautiful and completely unique visual form by concentrating on the quality of your displays! attention to detail, Quality, Quality, Quality.
    For those of you pursuing a professional career in traditional laser display keep in mind that you go to the Cinema because of the story on the screen, not the frame rate, sprocket count, or Lumen rating of the projector in the booth.. The same is completely true about success in laser display. The best shows I ever experienced were performed in a planetarium with less than 100mW on the dome, via 3 scan sets.

I am impressed with the intelligence and knowledge of your crew.. I certainly connected with many 'old friends', to which I'd never spoken before.

Be well & keep beams above the MPE out of people's eyes*.
    Casey

*If you can't calculate the MPE for repetitive pulses, you need LSO training.. "
    Adam

Cool Only one disapointment

Being the first SELEM I have ever attended, I have no priors to compair it too, it was abouve all my exspectations and will attend others in the future. As for the "ONLY ONE DISAPOINTMENT" that would be out of the five modules I prepaird for the event, only my attempted first time beam modules got played, one twice "Dragging the line" but the animated graphics module "She's got the look" which was the one I whanted every body to see and worked months on to present it at the event, it is my crown jewl and I realy wanted to share it with the crew. I am shure I am not the only one that didn't get all their modules played and veiwd. Waching my wife up on the balcany seeing the beams and me video tapping her coverd in laser light while she smiled from ear to ear wipes out that "ONLY ONE DISAPOINTMENT" If I could get somthing changed for future SELEM events, it would be, to have a event recording avalible for purchase, that I could show every body at home, It could be VHS,DVD,TUMB DRIVE, or even a DOWN LOADABLE LINK of the entire event from set up, dinner, lunch, Pangolin, Dr Lava, general tweek and tune, and of corse the played back shows, Any body have a copy that their willing to sell like this? Would any body be interested in seeing a mostly blinde person enjoying a laser show for the first time in their life? if so let me know and I'll figure out a way to post that part of the video I made. All and all great exspearence for my wife and I. OUTSTANDING JOB ADAM, look foward to more events in the future!!
    EMORY
    BEAMANN (GODSLIGHT SHOWS)

speaking of which, were are the videos? we had plenty of people filming?

I really want to see melody on video

Talking Pics and Video

I have some pics and video that I will be posting soon, I warn you, I am NOT a professional photographer, but I hope all enjoy.

I have quite a few short Iphone videos. Not sure how they will look on a full size monitor but they are supposed to be 720P. I will get around to putting them on utube this weekend.

Lightbulb

The video I got was poor quality and only of the Lasarium display that I believe 300Evil took video of also.

300Evil is the offical video man, but it usually takes 90+ days for us to nag him into finally producing a DVD.

beamann, you get that PM I sent about the video of your show?

I have yet to go through all my video footage. My house is being remodeled and I'm without much in the way of space. I may have some video before SELEM 2011.

Talking She's got the look

Quote Originally Posted by allthatwhichis View Post
    The video I got was poor quality and only of the Lasarium display that I believe 300Evil took video of also.

300Evil is the offical video man, but it usually takes 90+ days for us to nag him into finally producing a DVD.

beamann, you get that PM I sent about the video of your show?
    Yes Aaron, I did! It was better than what my phone could do by far! Thanks alot man, way cool.

I would imagen if we offerd to pay a fair price to 300Evil for a copy of a DVD of the SELEM event, That might motovate him to do so, I know I would gladly pay him for a DVD of the event!!!! HOW ABOUT IT 300Evil?
    BEAMANN (GODSLIGHT SHOWS)

Lightbulb

Ill try to get the ones I have up soon and I hope to finish the videos soon too
    DJ Matt
    Arc Flash the wonderbolt

Default SELEM 2010 Video

I have some video, but it isn't really great. I can go ahead and post it for the heck of it, though. It was the shows for The Beatles, Star Wars, and Laser Asteroids. I was back stage for some of it, sooooooo......I wished I could have played Asteroids though, that was the coolest! I am a huge Beatles fan and got giddy when I heard Sgt. Pepper.....