Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Feedback on SELEM; thoughts for improvement...

Aaron, you are probably one of the few people who have multi-projector shows already set up on your machine. For the rest of the people, we'll either use the splitter, or if we have time, we'll need to go through each track and assign the output to all zones that have projectors on them.

(My guess is that the splitter will be the easier of the two.)

Also, for anyone who isn't running Pangolin, the splitter is a simple way to run up to 10 projectors at once. And we've got shows that we want to watch that were made using Mamba, Spaghetti, LSX, and even ADAT shows...

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    Aaron, you are probably one of the few people who have multi-projector shows already set up on your machine. For the rest of the people, we'll either use the splitter, or if we have time, we'll need to go through each track and assign the output to all zones that have projectors on them.

(My guess is that the splitter will be the easier of the two.)

Also, for anyone who isn't running Pangolin, the splitter is a simple way to run up to 10 projectors at once. And we've got shows that we want to watch that were made using Mamba, Spaghetti, LSX, and even ADAT shows...

Adam
    Hey Adam -

I plan on having my one-and-only custom show (yeah, I know - Christmas in August - blah!) set up for true multi-projector output.
    A couple of additional questions before I get too carried away with the show tweaking:

1.) Will we actually be able to have a center RGB projector for beams?

2.) Will the RGB graphics projector be available at the same time?

3.) Are we going to try the show operator station idea? (network drop & power at a single location in audience area)

4.) Any ball-park idea on the number of projectors & type of controllers that will be on the grid this year? (Started a separate thread to help answer this one...)

Thanks!

Randy

EDIT -
    Woops, that was more than a couple....
    Last edited by Stuka; 08-08-2011 at 11:42.
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Stuka View Post
    1.) Will we actually be able to have a center RGB projector for beams?
    Yes, we should have at least a few. They will be down low, on the first scaffold shelf, or else up high, on the truss that spans the opening for the graphics screen that will be rolled down in front of the curtain.
    2.) Will the RGB graphics projector be available at the same time?
    In theory, yes. The main graphics projector will be located in the rear of the auditorium (or possibly in the balcony, depending on whether we get the Kr/Ar rig running or not). Thus, you'll need a long ILDA cable to connect to both it and the beam projectors. But it's doable. The main graphics projector will be aimed towards the stage to hit the screen that rolls down in front of the curtain.

If we have time, we could try to put a graphics projector in the middle of the scaffold and aim it out towards the back of the auditorium and then place a scrim in the 4th or 5th row of seats. But this is something we'd need to set up temporarily and then take down, because most people don't want the scrim.
    3.) Are we going to try the show operator station idea? (network drop & power at a single location in audience area)
    I am going to try it. Not sure how well it will work though. We have limited space in the back of the auditorium. But I'd like to have a single computer station back there at least. We may end up swapping machines throughout the event. Also, for the Live laser show playtime, we'll probably have a couple machines set up back there. Things will probably get crowded. If it doesn't work, we'll go back to having everything behind the curtain.
    4.) Any ball-park idea on the number of projectors & type of controllers that will be on the grid this year?
    I'm counting on 15-20 RGB rigs, plus 4 or 5 DMX beam rails, plus a few monochrome projectors. As for controllers, we'll have LD-2000's, FB3's, Ryia's, Sound Card DAC's, Easylase USB's, and ADAT's. I expect the ILDA splitter will get a lot more use this year, and yeah, we'll be swapping cables a lot as well.

Adam