Thread: Selling: Casio XJ-A140 new in sealed box

Default Selling: Casio XJ-A140 new in sealed box

I bought 1 more than I really need. It's still in the mfg sealed box. Selling at my cost - $840 plus shipping.

If nobody wants the whole projector, I'll sell the individual diodes for $35 ea plus $5 for Priority Mail (for as many diodes as you want). Or $50 each pressed into an Aixiz module with 12" leads soldered on and individual test results. These would come with the stock acrylic lens which you probably should replace with something better. In my experience, the Aixiz 445nm glass lens doesn't perform any better than the acrylic and is a waste of money. Is there a consensus on the best lens for these diodes?

Kevin

Is there a consensus on the best lens for these diodes?
    Hey Kevin, originally, I had thought the aixiz lenses were pretty good. Until Spec handed me one of the o-like lenses. I can't remember the exact difference, but it was somewhere around 10-20 gain in power using the o-like lens.

I'm interested in hearing/seeing more on these lenses. Are they these?
    405nm/445nm laser module housing w/glasses lens

I have that O-like lense / housing module as well and have got much better beam results than the aixiz lense .. allthough it seems prism pairs seem to be good results from various posts on this forum so think im gonna grab some and see if better

Quote Originally Posted by DZ View Post
    Hey Kevin, originally, I had thought the aixiz lenses were pretty good. Until Spec handed me one of the o-like lenses. I can't remember the exact difference, but it was somewhere around 10-20 gain in power using the o-like lens.
    Supposedly Aixiz has changed its design for better specs, was this comparison with an older or a newer lens? Does anyone have info’s on this or has anyone directly compared this “new Aixiz lens” with others? I have some of the new Aixiz here but the beam specs at the aperture is too big (5mm x 0.7mm ) for my purpose. I couldn’t check the Power loss because my Power meter bit the dust!!

You got any aperture/far field beam specs of the O-Like?

Frank

We were discussing this recently in another thread.. The "new" 405-445nm lenses from Aixiz are in a fully-threaded housing, as opposed to the half-threaded design they were selling. My own research indicates that the half-threaded lens assemblies are superior to the full-threaded lens assemblies in terms of beam profile and divergence. O-like.com also sells the half-threaded 405-445nm lenses, and my own testing showed these to be identical to the half-threaded Aixiz lenses. There has been some inconsistency reported in the coatings of the Aixiz full-threaded 405-445nm lens assemblies, so there is always a possibility of slightly different performance between identical looking lenses. I tested one example of the full-threaded Aixiz assembly and it's performance was inferior to both the Aixiz and o-like half-threaded assemblies both in terms of output and beam cleanliness. As far as your posted beam specs, that measurement is typical of every lens assembly I've used..

Default casio a140 diode

im interested in buying a 445nm diode if you still have any

Default single diodes

i would also like a couple of single diodes, if available

(no case, no lens, no leads)

I’m interested in buying 2 pressed into modules

Default all gone

sorry everyone - all the diodes and projectors are sold