Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Color Correction boards

Thumbs up Its Alive

Finally
    I Finish and install this beauty.
    And adjusting is another story.
    First, problem with one pot solved.
    Second, If I get perfect yellow my white looks little purple at the end.
    I think I have to fix first my red (Laserwave 350mW showing two dots)
    But over all. Everything looks much better.

Thanks Rob for this fine circuit.

Cheers,
    Ed

On the new Stanwax colour correction board, can anyone please tell me the pinout arrangement for the 8x MODULATION OUT pins please? The white plug on the board towards one edge right next to the power in plug.
    I know the MOD IN arrangement but not the MOD OUT
    I cannot find any information anywhere telling me what these are?
    Thanks

Jim
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!

jim
    They are the same as the input
    pin for pin top to bottom as per the diagram I sent you.
    The only difference in input to output is that the input is differential and the output is single ended which just means that the -mod line for each colour is ground.
    Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

Thanks Rob.

Here ends the confusion

Thats the first time you have told me that in all the emails we have had between us both about this issue
    You even said in one of them that the outputs are marked on the board, they are not.
    They are not marked anywhere in any of the literature, either you have sent me or I have found on the web.
    It's very confusing if you don't know and you can't find.
    Hope this helps.
    Jim
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!

Jim
    I said that the output connector is marked on the board - it is! Its marked as 'colour output'
    and the last doc I sent you states 'The modulation output connector has the same signal designations for the colour lines as the input connector' ok there is a slight difference in terms but we know they mean the same and it is a work in progress doc as I stated.
    prior to me sending that I also sent you a picture of the ilda board with a graphical representation of the wiring of the output connector and said 'pinouts are the same'
    Glad its sorted
    Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

I know it's marked as 'Colour output' on the board, I can see that, but I didn't know the specific individual pinouts for that connector as they are not board marked or on any literature.

Sorry for being an idiot.
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Default pinouts

I had a little trouble myself figuring it out but it is marked. The problem is the marking is nearly invisible due to size and the connectors. The scanners are x+x-gndy+y- or the other way around. Depends how you are looking at it. Point is the center pin is ground. The Color lines are 1+1-2+2-3+3-4+4- Power is easy to read. Hope that helps.
    Last edited by kecked; 02-16-2011 at 11:23.