Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Problems connecting

Default Problems connecting

Hi Spec,

I'm having regular problems conecting to the PL now.

I'veb been putting it down to maintenance on the new forum but unless you're doing it many times a day every day, then there's a connection issue as I often can't connect to the forums - it just returns a site not found error.

Default connecting

Quote Originally Posted by White-Light View Post
    Hi Spec,

I'm having regular problems conecting to the PL now.

I'veb been putting it down to maintenance on the new forum but unless you're doing it many times a day every day, then there's a connection issue as I often can't connect to the forums - it just returns a site not found error.
    yep me too i have had this problem for a few weeks at random times
    i get no connection, but a couple of hours later all is well

Quote Originally Posted by badger1666 View Post
    yep me too i have had this problem for a few weeks at random times
    i get no connection, but a couple of hours later all is well

Same here but shorter span.
    (PL dropped off radar at 13:55 12/09/10 came back up 14:13 12/09/10)

Seems it happens much more from UK than from Spain.

Cheers

I am having the same problem. Sometimes I can connect. Sometimes I can't.

Mostly early morning PST (about 5am) is when I see the problems.

I made the mistake of changing too many things at one time... I'm rolling back changes slowly to determine where these issues are stemming from. I'm just glad I took notes.

Host also had a few issues but they have been relatively isolated. I enabled the logging of everything on the admin side so next time this happens get a timestamp please. That will help me poke through all the logs.

*if* I am lucky it's not the mysql server, again. That thing has been super bitchy since the 4.0 vbulletin upgrade.

I apologize for everything and there is no reason why I shouldn't be able to keep PL stable.

Life has been exceptionally rough for me as of late so it may take me a little while. Not trying to use that as an excuse mind you. I'll make a post later today about how screwy things have been.

EDIT: About timestamps; Please list "server time"(gmt-5) or include your time-zone so I can figure out exactly where I need to look in the logs.

Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    EDIT: About timestamps; Please list "server time"(gmt-5) or include your time-zone so I can figure out exactly where I need to look in the logs.
    Sorry my time stamp was GMT ... I could see Greenwich from here if there weren't so may blasted buildings in the way. (or maybe not, it's pretty damn flat around there!).

On the other hand I have no idea if my guru actually knows the " exact correct time ".

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post

I apologize for everything and there is no reason why I shouldn't be able to keep PL stable.

Life has been exceptionally rough for me as of late so it may take me a little while. Not trying to use that as an excuse mind you. I'll make a post later today about how screwy things have been.
    No need to apologise, I'm sure everyone appreciates the difficulties with running a server like this and I'm sure we'll all try to help you as much as we can by logging.

FYI: 5:40am to 5:50am PST 9-14 could not connect. It was stuck on "connecting to.."

Just for fun from the command prompt I pinged the server and that worked fine. Between 35 to 45ms ping response.

Gene

Today (22.09.10) at 18.34 GMT.

El Paso, Texas USA and Juarez,Chihuahua Mexico

Ok then and here I thought it was just mine. Thanks for verifying.-j
    Wiki:The first visible wavelength laser diode was demonstrated by Nick Holonyak, Jr. in 1962.

FS: hi grade SEAL DUST