Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My "Golden Eye" does not lie

Default Verde In Ta resting !!!!!!

Thanks for then continued education !!!! REALLY.....seems like everyday....ya learn new things.....I was down in the lab....B4 I read these good posts....and was going to type that....My Golden Eye....does LIE !!!! I could see the green tint of 473nm !!! in the mid air beam....it was blue green....compared to the blue purple of 445nm.....BUT when you look at the side by side dots...on a white target....they DO look simular.....but NOT equal......

I was looking at my projector....contemplating !!!!!!! Where can I " Shoe horn " in a 445nm ??.....and how do I do it ??...and do I want to do it ??????????

Remember....when the initial lay-out was done....adding a forth colour was NEVER considered a posibillity.....so.....the goal of a compact unit was the goal.....now THAT goal is haunting me !!!!

I DO have one posibillity !!!!!! A " Double Decker " ....a " Over and Under "....473nm remains where it is.....445nm COULD go atop 473....directly above it !!!.....output into a bounce mirror @ 90 DEG down.....and into this " Laser Wave PBS ".......positioned in the 473 nm beam....prior to it hitting the Blue Dichro.....

MMmmmm???? Reference the movie " Young Frankestein " ==============>

" IT Could Work " ( Several Lightning bolts here for dramatic effect !!)

Would this work ????? Perhaps the hood will be up on Project#1...YET AGAIN !!!...during the Winter of 2010~2011 !!!

MANY THANX !!!!!

CDBEAM / Terrawatt
    Beam Axiom #1 ~The Quantum well is DEEP ! Photons for ALL !!
    Beam Axiom #2 ~Yes...As a matter of fact...I DO wear tinfoil on my head !!
    Beam Axiom #3 ~Whe'n dout...Po ah Donk awn et !!
    Beam Axiom #4 ~A Chicken in every Pot, and a Laser Lumia in every Livingroom !!
    Beam Axiom #5 ~"Abstract Photonic Expressionism"....is "Abstractonimical" !!
    Beam Axiom #6 ~ "A Posse ad Essea" ~ From being possible to being actual ...is the beam target !

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by ElektroFreak View Post
    I think more attention should be put into leveling the color balance over a group of projectors, since freewquently I see video of groups of full-color systems each with a different color balance. It would look much better if they all matched IMO.
    I completely agree, which is why I'm trying to make my flanking beam projectors as close to the same as possible. Multi-projector shows look much better if you've got identical projectors.

As for the rest, it's largely subjective anyway, and as I mentioned, we're purists, while most other people aren't.

Adam

I'm with Adam on this. I've long said that to me a projector with 445 seems much dimmer in the mixed colours and has a big bias towards purples and pinks. Great if you like those shades but to me something gets lost at the lighter end of the spectrum. I find the whole output much more subdued. I can't be scientific about it but can only recall what I saw from Pelosh's 1.6w Kvant at the UKLEM when compared to several other non 445 projectors.

With 473 you can mix to get a dark blue. From Adam's observations it appears its much harder to go the other way.

There's no doubting 445 produces a fantastic white, but for me personally, 473 is still the better colour overall as I'd gladly lose pinks and purples for brighter more punchy lighter colours at the top end of the spectrum.

Also, observed above, 1.3 watts of 445 = 2-300mw of 473 according to CDBeam's eyes. Given 445's cost that might not be a problem but from a safety point of view for a small venue it is and where's the visibility if you have to run only a percentage of the available power? 445 is a nice colour on its own but to me its not the best mixing colour.

I'd really like to see some 457nm in action. I know Hobbybob said some of his friends have this in their projectors and so I'd love to see it as I still wonder if maybe this is the halfway house, the 640 of blue.

It seem all our problems would be solved if someone would just produce a 510-515nm green diode. I wish they would just hurry up already! 445 + 510 + 650 = .

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    in full Scotopic vision, the color peak is very close to 445.
    According to the wikipedia page, it's closer to 498nm: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scotopic_vision

Cool

That wikipedia article also lists the normal peak at 540 nm. However, numerous other sources peg it at 555nm. So either all the other sources are wrong, or the guy that edited that particular wiki page got his wavelengths wrong.

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by White-Light View Post
    1.3 watts of 445 = 2-300mw of 473
    I still disagree with this statement... I have 1.2~w of 445 and 300~350mW of 473 in my projector and the 445 is significantly brighter

Quote Originally Posted by flecom View Post
    I still disagree with this statement... I have 1.2~w of 445 and 300~350mW of 473 in my projector and the 445 is significantly brighter
    I have similar powers to this and the 445 is significantly brighter than the 473.

^that's due to Rayleigh effects.

Quote Originally Posted by flecom View Post
    +1 here. I was totally blown away by the brightness of my 445m the first time I fired it up.
    http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3985/laser.gif

Doc's website

The Health and Safety Act 1971

Recklessly interfering with Darwin’s natural selection process, thereby extending the life cycle of dim-witted ignorami; thus perpetuating and magnifying the danger to us all, by enabling them to breed and walk amongst us, our children and loved ones.