Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: AKAI APC 40 midi controller and Quickshow?

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by EmLaSys View Post
    Hello

Is it possible to give that tool to other LivePro-Users?

Thanks
    Ron

Yes please, that tool would be great!

Hi Lassie,

Maybe have a look at the Novation SL25 MkII.
    I've got one and from memory there is a lever underneath that lets you adjust the tension of the joystick down to zero tension. I can't confirm this at the moment as I've lent it to a mate for a while.

As for LivePro compatability, I have no expience, I've not tried it yet but a couple of guys have been using the Remote ZeRO SL and the ZeRO SL MkII which is the same as the above mentioned SL25 MkII with out a keyboard and joystick.
    http://www.novationmusic.com/product...rther_Features

It may be a bit pricey for the application but Novation make quality kit and it is very flexible.
    The knobs and sliders are touch sensitve so when you touch them ,the parameter that you have assigned to it shows up on the LCD screen. This feature is awsome! go into a music shop that stocks one and ask for a demo. You won't get how cool this works until you see it!

A word of warning on the Korg nanos.

They are very cheaply made and some batches have units that are dead on arrival.
    Mostly the black version of the NanoPad. I learnt the hard way

Maybe have a chat to mccarrot. He has a ZeRO SL MkII
    http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...light=novation

There are a couple of other threads on the Novation gear on here to.

Good luck
    Kit

Quote Originally Posted by EmLaSys View Post
    Hello

Is it possible to give that tool to other LivePro-Users?

Thanks
    Ron
    Quote Originally Posted by Lassie View Post
    Yes please, that tool would be great!
    Maybe in a few weeks, at the moment it's not very userfriendly and I have to write a help file since it requires some custom command cues and a special midi mapping to work...
    I'm currently drowning in work so I've not time left for this until november...
    But here's a small picture of the mapping, maybe some more intersting ideas will come up which I can integrate in the future...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	APC40_Map.jpg 
Views:	214 
Size:	147.6 KB 
ID:	20211

Quote Originally Posted by TL View Post
    Maybe in a few weeks, at the moment it's not very userfriendly and I have to write a help file since it requires some custom command cues and a special midi mapping to work...
    I'm currently drowning in work so I've not time left for this until november...
    But here's a small picture of the mapping, maybe some more intersting ideas will come up which I can integrate in the future...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	APC40_Map.jpg 
Views:	214 
Size:	147.6 KB 
ID:	20211
    If you will share this tool you would be my hero

May i have the tool to?

I love to digg around in it.

We use a little freeware app called Midi Translator... Converts midi control data to keystrokes and vice versa. Note, you also need an app that acts as a virtual midi Patchbay. The Patchbay app allows you to select midi translator as your input device...

I have a map that I wrote for MT / live pro / APC40 that I'll try to dig up if anyone would like... Its on a hp laptop that's not working well, so it may take a day or two, but im happy to do so if anyone wants it as a starting point.
    Peter Spence
    president
    Advanced Visual Systems LLC.
    pete@advancedvisualsystems.com

www.advancedvisualsystems.com

Quote Originally Posted by pspence View Post
    We use a little freeware app called Midi Translator... Converts midi control data to keystrokes and vice versa. Note, you also need an app that acts as a virtual midi Patchbay. The Patchbay app allows you to select midi translator as your input device...

I have a map that I wrote for MT / live pro / APC40 that I'll try to dig up if anyone would like... Its on a hp laptop that's not working well, so it may take a day or two, but im happy to do so if anyone wants it as a starting point.

hey did you still have this map that you wrote for the apc40? I'm running pangolin lasershowdesigner quickshow at the moment, I know Phoenix Live is designed for the apc-40, but is there any simple way to get the launch buttons to be used for the clips?

Default joystick midi control

i use rejoice v1.6 along with loopbe1 midi patcher to map to quick show , and use a regular playstation type controller
    and it works great ,it will convert any joystick button or movement into midi
    controller messages
    Attached Files Attached Files
    When God said “Let there be light” he surely must have meant perfectly coherent light.

I have ben tasked with getting the APC40 communicating well with a few Pangolin products, specifically LivePro, Quickshow, and BEYOND. Before I recreate the wheel, can someone give me a few pointers, ideas, anything that would be helpful in completing my task. I have assigned the sliders in all three programs and have been able to get to almost everything in BEYOND using the scripting features but I am having a hard time getting setting the "clip launch" buttons up to acces cues in QS and LivePro.
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

ask masterpj he spent sometime on it
    but from what i hear the leds on the buttons are a barsta** to program
    you need to be a bit of a code monkey to sort that out.
    When God said “Let there be light” he surely must have meant perfectly coherent light.