Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: AKAI APC 40 midi controller and Quickshow?

Default AKAI APC 40 midi controller and Quickshow?

Hi all,

I am looking for a midi controller that also has a built in midi joystick (that will not return to the middle when released) so that i can controll the laserbeam directly.

I use Pangolin Quickshow with the FB3. I thought the Akai APC 40 had this, but that is not the case. Anybody that has a suggestion for me what to use?

thanks
    Last edited by Lassie; 09-19-2010 at 06:20.

Yes, a "normal" PC joystick works in livepro.

Do you sell the APC 40?

I removed the spring in one of my joysticks. Not in a midi controller, but just a regular Logitech Attack3 joystick (bought for $10). It is a little easier not having to fight the spring's resistance, so I know what you mean. I suppose if you were feeling adventurous, you could cautiously do the same thing with the pitch/mod stick on a midi controller.
    -Mike

I can't say for sure as it seems almost impossible to find a manual for the APC40, but don't think it will work with LivePro... APC = Ableton Performance Controller and it is pre-configured for Ableton, though you can change the mappings...

I have been reliably informed that the buttons put out CC signals and not MIDI Note signals... So unless I am wrong in saying that you can't change the signal output on the buttons, they won't work for launching LivePro cues which require MIDI Note signals...

Mark

i use the APC40 with quickshow on a regular basis, and am itching to use it wiht LD200.

however the only midi controller i know of with a non-centering joystick is the KORG KONTROL49.

i have one that has been collecting dust, used to use it for production.

Default Suggestions

I came across this thread right before starting my own. I'll post here since its reasonably on topic. Does anyone have a good suggestion for a midi controller for use with quickshow?

I have heard good things about Korg nanos:

My only midi controller is an 88-key m-audio.. much to big to lug to a show.

Quote Originally Posted by ElektroFreak View Post
    I have heard good things about Korg nanos:

My only midi controller is an 88-key m-audio.. much to big to lug to a show.
    those are fun but kind of a cock tease imo.

althoug i use the apc40 now, the kontrol49 (korg) seems to be the best ive run into so far. iknow they make a version with less keys, but it loses the assignable x/y joystick, which makes for good fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Insanity View Post
    I can't say for sure as it seems almost impossible to find a manual for the APC40, but don't think it will work with LivePro... APC = Ableton Performance Controller and it is pre-configured for Ableton, though you can change the mappings...

I have been reliably informed that the buttons put out CC signals and not MIDI Note signals... So unless I am wrong in saying that you can't change the signal output on the buttons, they won't work for launching LivePro cues which require MIDI Note signals...

Mark
    I'm using the APC with LivePro, but I'm using a self programmed small tool to translate midi messages, which even shows the status of LivePro with the LEDs on the APC. Really works very well, I can't imagine anymore to use LivePro without the APC...
    I can post some pictures later this week, since I'm currently away from the office...

Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by TL View Post
    I'm using the APC with LivePro, but I'm using a self programmed small tool to translate midi messages, which even shows the status of LivePro with the LEDs on the APC. Really works very well, I can't imagine anymore to use LivePro without the APC...
    I can post some pictures later this week, since I'm currently away from the office...

Thomas

Hello

Is it possible to give that tool to other LivePro-Users?

Thanks
    Ron
    laserrental and store
    http://www.laserrent.de