Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Another Laser Pointer Idiot

gashead is offline Admin Verified: Best Accent Ever(Tm)

"And I think to myself... What a wonderful world."

Oooooh Yeeeaaahhh.

Ive been filing these lately for a few shows coming up , just for some fun reading
    here ya go .........

http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/33/CAP736.PDF

Note its the same process here for
    Lasers
    Serchlights
    Fireworks
    and WOULD YOU BELEIVE IT .... BALLOONS

and intersting you can go ahead here WITHOUT response from CAA in all cases except BALLOONS !!! where you need to await written permission !

This form was last updated in 2008 when the laser pointer issue was preveleant and they still consider balloons more dangerous than lasers or fireworks !

anyways to get back on topic, the guy who did that was clearly a brainless idiot and deserves prison just as he would have if he had fired a firework at a plane or aimed a balloon at a plane too
    In the beginning there was none. Then came the light - #1 UKLEM - 2007
    BUY UK LEGAL LASER POINTER :: NEW - Blue 460nm Laser Pointers

Quote Originally Posted by gottaluvlasers View Post
    make them illegal already.
    um... they are?

Quote Originally Posted by Lasermad View Post
    consider balloons more dangerous than lasers or fireworks !
    lasers cant get sucked into engines

Default BALLOONS

I was at a charity walk for the Candleighters (children with cancer) recently, where we write notes to the children that have passed on, tie them to the balloons and let them go in one big release. When I look back, my thinking is that a balloon relase would be much more scary to an oncoming Cessna, than a little laser pointer....not that I would change the balloon release, because it really is a beautiful thing that holds so much meaning for the parents of these children.

High power and 550mw green laser pointer is extremely dangerous.
    Last edited by danielpower; 11-02-2010 at 06:17.

High power laser pointer is extremely dangerous.

ummm.....

thanks?
    http://www.laserist.org/images/ildalogos/ILDA-logo_colored-beams_Corporate_150w.jpg

ILDA- U.S. Laser Regulatory Committee

Authorized Dealer for:

• Pangolin Laser Software and Hardware
    • KVANT Laser Modules & Laser Systems
    • X-Laser USA
    • CNI Lasers
    • Cambridge Technology & Eye Magic Professional Scanning Systems

FDA/CDRH Certified Professional LuminanceRGB Laser Light Show Systems

Quote Originally Posted by danielpower View Post
    High power laser pointer is extremely dangerous.

its something that has been on the rise here in the states as well...

although i dont see them targetting planes etc, ive been nailed in the face by kids with pointers, and amateurs trying to do lasershows with shit-chinese gear.

i personally am kind of upset that although safety has always been my #1 in dealing with these emitters, it only takes a second for some twat to burn a nice orange block front n center with a overspec uv pointer, and the greens these days just seem to be getting stronger.

i met a kid with an RPL that had to be hitting at least 100mW at a party i ran on sat night. safe to say i told him to go put it in his car because im the type of prick that would break or take it and sell it on LPF (lol joking)

either way, its getting annoying, and although im not trying to be a chicken little and proclaim our sky is falling, i wouldnt be surprised if we are under some scrutiny before too long.

however, i also see lasers on the rise in popularity, as a show feature which excites me. ive talked to people i would never expect to want to feature lasers and had them be in awe, and wanting to know where to sign. this is going to be in our favor only if we keep these kinds of people aware that there are laws pertaining to all htis business.

i would be terrified if anyone stuck a 1W china RGB into a club on auto.

Ok. I have heard stories of laser pointers toward planes, etc.....but since I am new, please forgive my ignorance and explain how my little green laser pointer is worse than 100 balloons flying in the face of a small commuter plane.

Quote Originally Posted by Laserchik View Post
    Ok. I have heard stories of laser pointers toward planes, etc.....but since I am new, please forgive my ignorance and explain how my little green laser pointer is worse than 100 balloons flying in the face of a small commuter plane.
    100 balloons can come and go without leaving one flash-blinded or disoriented? there is no actual effect any baloon can have on ones eyes other than to simply obscure vision whilst the laser pointer proposes a threat to vision itself (not just the current field of)