Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 445nm beam collimation/correction

Quote Originally Posted by mccarrot View Post
    We are thinking of a price of 60-65 euro/block (ex vat) soon available trough my webshop.

We are thinking of offering sets as you also need a minimount and collimators with this setup.

I have attached a better picture, please note the price is only for the metal work.
    The prism, collimater and mirrormounts are not included in this price.

size is 70x40mm and with a TEC fitted the beam hight will be 29mm

Great one! We'll see.

Default tec

what kind of tec do you use, where to buy, how to combine with the block?

apart from the tec, are there electronics involved to keep the temp to a fixed setting?

prices?

Michel

For your setup a tec is not needed.
    But if you build a high end laser with multiple diodes its better to use a tec else the power can drop and the wavelength can increase when the block heats up.

If you add a tec you also need a good baseplate to get rid of the heat. (in you case a bit of a problem

But if you do want to use a tec, I can get one for you, but you also need a tec driver.

On this forum you can find some tec driver designs.

ah, you are not up to the latest information, friday i spent 6 hours driving to rotterdam and back to get a 40 x 50 cm 10mm thick aluminium baseplate for my setup
    the 6 hours was because of the snow, normally it shouldn't take any longer than 2 hours at most.

but you are right, for my setup a tec is not yet needed but still it is interesting to see what kind of setup it will look like.

Michel

Oh oh, you got the virus...

Default Terra Watt sez; " Enough Mass and you will cover your Ass "

Allthough I am partial to big hunks of Copper for 445nm LD heat sinks...I really like this design !! And it is prism ready !! And it looks massive enough to heat sink 3 diodes...might need a small fan with 3 LD's ????? maybe not... And...It is a " Three Holer " haha

I assume it is machined from Aluminium ? Are the LD ports threaded ?? Does not look like it? If they are a non-threaded bore....what is the bore dia.?

Price is VERY good. Thanks

CDBEAM
    Beam Axiom #1 ~The Quantum well is DEEP ! Photons for ALL !!
    Beam Axiom #2 ~Yes...As a matter of fact...I DO wear tinfoil on my head !!
    Beam Axiom #3 ~Whe'n dout...Po ah Donk awn et !!
    Beam Axiom #4 ~A Chicken in every Pot, and a Laser Lumia in every Livingroom !!
    Beam Axiom #5 ~"Abstract Photonic Expressionism"....is "Abstractonimical" !!
    Beam Axiom #6 ~ "A Posse ad Essea" ~ From being possible to being actual ...is the beam target !

The mount is designed to fit these 11mm collimators:

The reason we chose for these collimators is:
    -they are very high quality
    -easy to rotate in the housing
    -no expanding lens (see andy_cons tread)
    -easy to mount diode with some thermal glue (no press fit and change of killing you expensive diode
    - and easy to remove from the housing to easier adjust the lens and mount the diode.

Main Post updated with the 405-G-2 lens tests.

@Mccarrot
    you’re incredible, hijacking another tread for your sales pitches. Let me guess your 3 banger has bores for your overpriced 11mm collimators. I just got done testing the 405-G-2 lens and it’s got pretty much the same specs as your lens, costs only half of what yours cost and the loss is way less! By the way, on your website you claim <1% loss for your lens, they’re a far cry from that.

By the way if anyone really wants to acquire some of the mccarrot blue lens I've got 4 for sale. Two have never been unpacked and 2 come with the 445nm diodes in them used in these tests. The diodes are glued in with Arctic Silver thermal adhesive. Asking 50€ for a collimator without the diode and 85€ for a collimator with the diode plus shipping.

I tested the lens from Mccarrot as well. I compared it with 405-g2 and the 405-g2 is better. Lightpath developed a lens especcially for collimating the blue diodes and guess what the FL is exactly the same as the FL from the 405-g2. (4.02 mm) Who knows maybe its the same lens but one thing is sure, Lightpath didn,t choose a lens with a FL of 4.6 if 4 was slightly better

Also your right about the collimators. The block is cheap but the collimators are expencive. I would make the hole 10.5 to fit the barrels from Laser4U and buy them in bigger quantaties and deliver it as a set.
    But you can use the collimators from Laser66 because they are 10.5 mm in diameter and that its only 0.5 mm in difference. A thin brass Foil arround the brass collimators from Laser4U will do the trick to mount them in the block.

Kvant uses the A-390, its a lens with a FL of 4.53 and 0.55 NA. They have broadband coating to use for blue and red. That way its cheaper to get them in big quantaties.

Quote Originally Posted by Solarfire View Post
    [FONT=&quot][SIZE=3]
    @Mccarrot
    you’re incredible, hijacking another tread for your sales pitches. Let me guess your 3 banger has bores for your overpriced 11mm collimators. I just got done testing the 405-G-2 lens and it’s got pretty much the same specs as your lens, costs only half of what yours cost and the loss is way less! By the way, on your website you claim <1% loss for your lens, they’re a far cry from that.

Didn't you test this lens and found there was a lot of low power crap around the beam? I have tested both lenses too and agree with you. I also agree that the 405-G-2 is a better option
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/