Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My try at a 445 moduale

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by 300EVIL View Post

One thing I also like to do is slightly bend the pins on the diode outward. This makes a really tight fit when you push the pins into the socket.
    I squeeze the prongs of a power cord if I find an old power outlet that has lost its grip on plugs. I have several in my house that I need to changed out. Way off topic but same principle.

It's actually pretty secure from my findings just hanging off the pins. I just grab the laserbug if I need to pull/push or twist the aixiz modules. However, You could use some sort of removable glue between the side of the socket and the base of the module.

One thing I also like to do is slightly bend the pins on the diode outward. This makes a really tight fit when you push the pins into the socket.
    Yes, I do find that it hangs on just fine as is.
    "Gravity its not just a good idea its the law"

Pretty good design, tho I suggest cutting those cooling ribs vertical, not horisontal.

Quote Originally Posted by Geetone View Post
    Pretty good design, tho I suggest cutting those cooling ribs vertical, not horisontal.
    If I did that the air could only flow out the top the bottom of the fins would be blocked. If it was just passive cooling with no fan you would be right it would be better vertical.
    I may do that on the next single because I do not think one diode needs a fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Astroguy View Post
    If I did that the air could only flow out the top the bottom of the fins would be blocked. If it was just passive cooling with no fan you would be right it would be better vertical.
    I may do that on the next single because I do not think one diode needs a fan.
    That's correct, That's why I did it that way as well. Oh, and the fan will make the diode more stable in all cases. The cooler you can get it, the more stable. I've seen these diodes drop 250mW even with a decent thermal mass.

That's correct, That's why I did it that way as well. Oh, and the fan will make the diode more stable in all cases. The cooler you can get it, the more stable. I've seen these diodes drop 250mW even with a decent thermal mass.
    Good to know thanks for the info the fan will stay.