Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help making an effect QuickShow

Default Had to try

Hi,
    I found this thread and felt that I had to try this out and I believe that the result is what you want. A full square with rotating colourgradient slowing down to a stop and after full stop a fade out, all this in a total time of 8 seconds that you easily can customize to your needs.

All this made in Quickshow 2 with quicktimeline in a matter of minutes.
    SquareRotatingColorFadeout.rar

I just started trying all this features out and I am really impressed of all the things that's in there "under the hood".
    I still havent had the chance to try LivePro out but hope to meet up with it soon, from what I've read and results produced by other members here, I would probably like to upgrade soon, since it seems that it's easier making use of your creativity live . Quickshow is the only lasersoftware I've used and I'm still very new to it. But very simple to get started with and easy to use if you want to

Nice job.

I see how you've done it analysing the file. Obviously whereas the cue is short by default when decelerate is used at cue level and thus recycles, with the time line there's no such problem.

I was wondering if it's possible to do an effect like the "chop" but instead of lines, just do the individual dots (points) instead of small short lines.
    - instinct

As it took me a while to get my head around this I thought I'd add this to your post to make it easier to visualise what you're asking for (I'm still thinking about it).

This is what chop does to an effect (I've used an animation as it becomes much clearer):

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Chop.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	32.1 KB 
ID:	20334

Edit: I'm going to say very difficult and probably impossible because of the way it is created.

Chop uses alternate brightness effects to raise and lower the brightness, so in actual fact the whole animation is still there but sections of it are hidden by reducing their brightness to zero whilst leaving the alternate sections at full brightness.

This is an altered version of chop where I reduced the bright portions as small as possible:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Chop 2.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	83.9 KB 
ID:	20335

I still had visible lines.

Now to achieve that at point level you're going to need to have those white segments much closer together or with repeats at a much higher rate than is possible in QS.

You could try increasing the pattern frequency in the box above by drawing in many more dark / light segments. I haven't tried that but think its unlikely you're going to get down to point level. Plus I wonder what effect this is going to have on overall effect brightness because of the speed with which you're trying to modulate your lasers up and down.

If you want a specific effect with points alone, its probably going to be easier to go in and edit some line points out of the effect and refill the gaps with discreet hot beams yourself. The option then would be to save the new cue and switch between them during the show to turn "super chop" on and off.

Quote Originally Posted by -bart- View Post
    I tried fiesta, mamba and laserboy, but none have an easy way to do this.
    Bart, I also tried to do a thing like that. Can you tell me in what version of fiesta have you tried to do that?

I realised this only later, my sense of perfection was in my way.

In fact the effect isn't hard at all, it's just how you implement the slowing down.
    In the packages I know off, there's no straight-forward solution in a gradual slow down to a stand-still.

But for the average spectator a sequence of cues with decreasing speed 100%-75-50-0%, will look just as good.