Page 45 of 49 FirstFirst ... 35414243444546474849 LastLast

Thread: UKLEM-10 - Surfleet, South Lincolnshire 1-2-3rd of April 2011

Quote Originally Posted by badger1666 View Post
    i am ok but my pregnant daughter no so at the moment we will know whats going on tomorrow.

but hey the little time i got to play, i did try your qs ques out and all i have to say is
    awesome work keep it up
    I hope its nothing too serious. A few female friends of mine have had problems with blood pressure and even blood clots during pregnancy but luckily everything has turned out fine for them, so it looks like the odds are in your favour.

I'm glad you liked the cues. I've not seen them myself in real life so I just hope they looks as good in real life as in the preview window. It goes without saying that they're all designed with audience scanning in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by hobbybob View Post
    I learned some Quickshow tricks this weekend from Rob and Carl B.
    Finally Quickshow is stable enough to make timeline show, although i experienced like 4 or 5 issues in the first 15 minutes working with it (reproducable!), fortunately i will be at Pro Light and Sound next weekend, so will talk to Bill about that. Maybe i've earned a Pangolin goodie for finding and submitting new bugs ;-)
    What build have you got Dimitri?

I find it almost impossible to find any major issue with 308, although I did find an event lock bug the other day which whilst minor, is hopefully is being dealt with.

If you're not on Build 308 then I recommend it as its almost certain most bugs you may find in earlier builds, have been resolved by this build. Its very very stable in my experience.
    Last edited by White-Light; 04-03-2011 at 13:54.

Another Surfleet finished, just got back...

Great to see new and old faces there. As always, a super-fantastic meet; thanks to all who made it mega!

Thanks to all involved in lugging various sized bits of "Green Giant"... (yes, the sweetcorn!)
    Much appreciated; it was a battle to drag it down in me 'old motor - but well worth it - did piddle a weee bit in the car park, but nothing torrential.

Super-mega fanks to Jimbobalooby fer sorting out all the relevant tassels in organising such a 'ting.

Dimmers: All round mega dude as usual. 'Fanks for all the Dutch goodies and for an endless supply of humour from your "bumper joke book". Top banana matey

Nige: Mighty nice bit of gasser you got there, liking it a lot.

Graham: Da music was lamb

Con: You a chop.

Rob: Aero.

If I missed anyone out, sorry, was probably havin' 40 winks...

And for some photos:

- There is no such word as "can't" -
    - 60% of the time it works every time -

Default A few random pics

Great meet as usual, actually managed to stay 2 days this time

Big thanks to Jim for organising and holding it all together even though he felt like crap... Andy Con for the nice little 1 watt blue, Graham for the tunes and Dimmers for the mug and stroopwafels... And to everyone else for keeping me entertained...

Some really cool kit on show this time and as usual the bar for projector and module design has been raised...

Here are a few pics, not great quality as taken on my iPhone... Enjoy...

Spectra Physics Performa

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Spectra PSU.JPG 
Views:	15 
Size:	2.01 MB 
ID:	24374

Note the roll of tissue

Name:	Spectra1.JPG 
Views:	18 
Size:	1.32 MB 
ID:	24373

Name:	Spectra.JPG 
Views:	17 
Size:	1.54 MB 
ID:	24380

Name:	Spectra4.JPG 
Views:	18 
Size:	1.41 MB 
ID:	24378

Name:	Spectra2.JPG 
Views:	19 
Size:	1.92 MB 
ID:	24377

Laserscope 532

Name:	scope.JPG 
Views:	20 
Size:	2.07 MB 
ID:	24372

Name:	Scope6.JPG 
Views:	5 
Size:	1.96 MB 
ID:	24371

Name:	Scope 7.Jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	1.88 MB 
ID:	24381

Name:	scope3.JPG 
Views:	6 
Size:	1.76 MB 
ID:	24379

Name:	scope1.JPG 
Views:	15 
Size:	2.25 MB 
ID:	24376

Name:	Scope 8.JPG 
Views:	7 
Size:	2.25 MB 
ID:	24375

Name:	Scope4.JPG 
Views:	5 
Size:	1.73 MB 
ID:	24382

Mark
    Last edited by Insanity; 04-04-2011 at 01:15.

Default FUN

looks like i missed all the fun, would have liked to seen the scope after dan realised
    theres a switch for the q switch
    and i missed the gasser what sort of power did that chuck out ??
    i am sad now,
    even more so now the hospital have said that my daughter may have a miscarridge
    When God said “Let there be light” he surely must have meant perfectly coherent light.

Quote Originally Posted by badger1666 View Post
    looks like i missed all the fun, would have liked to seen the scope after dan realised
    theres a switch for the q switch
    and i missed the gasser what sort of power did that chuck out ??
    i am sad now,
    even more so now the hospital have said that my daughter may have a miscarridge
    I heard somewhere it was a few watts.
    Oh man, that's really sad. How far along is she. My sister in law went through the same

gashead is offline Admin Verified: Best Accent Ever(Tm)

Gidday!

Well what a amazing weekend.. I'm certainly hooked now and will definitly be back!

I got loads of photos but I've not yet fetched them from the camera, I'll try to get around to it this evening.

Fantastic to meet everyone, special thanks to Jim for all his work and organisation!

It also appears Mr Stanwax Laser stole my adult reading material, and I recon it's joined his others in his bathroom by now! - Can't think of a better second home to be honest!

The Performa was putting out about 2.5 Watts when we first powered it up, didn't measure it again afterwards so power was a mystery.

Thanks to everyone, you're all fantastic chaps and I had one of the best weekends in a long time.. Must say I feel uplifted this week - must be all that choerent light.. gotta love Laser therapy!

Looking forward to september!

Cheers,

N.

Thanks for all the nice comment chaps

Thoroughly enjoyed the weekend despite feeling crap for most of it! it's true though that Jem's wonder tablets helped me somewhat! Thanks Jem

Big thanks to all that turned up and all that helped with setting up and clearing away.

Thanks to the ever fantastic Mr Dimitri, you are a god Sir!!! Thanks for the lovely beer, wafflythings and just being there mate and I am sorry to you, Rob and Dan that I couldn't join you all at the Ship for the farewell meal but my poor kids just hadn't really seen me for 'most' of the last week and I really needed to be with them, I hope you understand.

Thanks to Dan and Andy for the constant love battling show that is obviously going on between you two, it's lovely to see and maybe, just maybe one day you will both be strong enough to be able to tell each other about you strong feelings for each other
    An LEM love child - Ahhhhhhh Lovely

Seriously guys, just get a room and make each other sore!!!

Good to see plenty of new faces there too, the more the better!

I will put up the exact monetary amounts as to what we made and what is left over once the hall is fully paid, for the September LEM, once I get a chance to sit down and do it.

Apologies to Tony for giving him a wrong power output reading from my LPM from his ALC68.
    I told you 3W Tony but upon getting home and unpacking the meter, standing there and looking at it and thinking - NO! That wasn't 3W was it...... It was actually just under 1W mate. I read it wrong.

SORRY

And on the ShowLEM.......
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!

Chris - Got your PM mate.
    Really sorry you had to leave prematurely and then to hear the horrible news mate.
    I really hope everything works out for you mate.

Our thoughts are with you.
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!

Quote Originally Posted by White-Light View Post

What build have you got Dimitri?

I find it almost impossible to find any major issue with 308, although I did find an event lock bug the other day which whilst minor, is hopefully is being dealt with.

If you're not on Build 308 then I recommend it as its almost certain most bugs you may find in earlier builds, have been resolved by this build. Its very very stable in my experience.
    I have Build 311, although i see 312 is out now (wasn't saturday!).
    Will try when i get home.
    After a wait of 2 hours because of a horrible accident on the M11 i made it in just in time.
    A bus , 2 lorries and 4 cars have collided, M11 was closed down in both directions.
    When finally the victims were cut out of the bus and the car and transported to hospital, there were so many people walking on the complete M11, that the police deemed it to high of a risk to open the road ;-(

But when you then hear Chris' story , it all comes back into perspective and it doesn't matter anymore if you get the 2PM boat or the 4 or even 6PM boat, does it ?
    Chris i wish you and your daughter all the best !
    I didn't fail !
    I just found out 10,000 ways that didn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by hobbybob View Post
    I have Build 311, although i see 312 is out now (wasn't saturday!).
    Look like I may be behind. Not checked for a while in fairness.

Guess I'd better pull 312 down.

Still, hope everything works out Chris for the baby. There's always hope until there's no hope if you know what I mean.