Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: UK ShowLEM - J40 M1. West Yorkshire...

Jem,
    PM me your PayPal address...
    - There is no such word as "can't" -
    - 60% of the time it works every time -

Jem

I think your loss is greater , you didnt include cost of food provided , I too would be delighted to throw a few more quid your way , i REALLY dont want you out of pocket for the weekend . While on the subject Jim should also make sure he gets cost iof tea/coffee/milk & cakes etc covered im not sure how it works for surfleet but this should be covered if it is not already.

I think also july is just perfect sitting inbetween the two LEMs , and you can mark me down as a definate :-) , which based on the way prices of fuel is going up and up , gives me time to remortgage to afford the trip !

Some suggestions for next year , I would like to see an announcement either by laser via video projector of which show is taking place , just to be able to keep track of things .and a longer extra day would be awesome.

Also maybe one track chosen and announced 3 months / 6 months ahead of LEM so a few different people can do a show to same track and we can watch different peoples interpretations of same music , that would be interesting , especially since quickshow makes it a lot easier to build a show now.

Robs shows were outstanding , hes a man of many many talents , and his shows hit the spot with me , some of the best i have ever seen beating what i saw at ILDA amsterdam. Robs interpretation of Light to music and some of the effects in time to the music brought "emotion" with light , I look forward to seeing more and more as its brought things to a different level , and given me something to aim for , Id like to add also that carlb show to JMJ was also damn good.

Audiance scanning happens constantly at other LEMs , as we all accept the risks , but if visitors to this LEM are expected to be commonplace its not fair to expect them to run any risk AT ALL as they wont be aware that they are putting themselves at risk .... but could it be possible to have a one evening scanning night if the lems being extended or limit the scanning to 2 hours one night so those who chose not to be scanned have the option to avoid.

Paul
    In the beginning there was none. Then came the light - #1 UKLEM - 2007
    BUY UK LEGAL LASER POINTER :: NEW - Blue 460nm Laser Pointers

Quote Originally Posted by Lasermad View Post
    I think your loss is greater , you didn't include cost of food provided
    Hehe . It was never my intention to cover the cost of the food, this is what we call 'Yorkshire hospitality'

Seriously though, I realised that some of you guys had come a long long way and figured it would be nice for you all to arrive to some suitable refreshment. I had a word with Janet prior to the meet and she said she didn't mind catering at all, it was also made easier with the help of my daughter. The Sunday soup was Janet's suggestion, it was made fresh that morning and delivered hot. As for the BBQ, that was so those who had travelled a long way could get filled up before hitting the road, also to give us some time to chill out and have a chat. I've no doubt some of you will already have been calculating the cost of the food, but please don't worry about that. It was never my intention to account for the catering bill in the expenses, i'm just pleased everyone enjoyed it. Janet has asked me to express her thanks to everyone who thanked her, it's nice that her efforts were appreciated . Perhaps at the next meet a contribution towards food would be appreciated, but not this time.

I too would be delighted to throw a few more quid your way
    You already have Paul, you gave me an extra fiver on the day, remember?

I think also july is just perfect sitting inbetween the two LEMs , and you can mark me down as a definate :-) , which based on the way prices of fuel is going up and up , gives me time to remortgage to afford the trip !

Some suggestions for next year , I would like to see an announcement either by laser via video projector of which show is taking place , just to be able to keep track of things .and a longer extra day would be awesome.

Also maybe one track chosen and announced 3 months / 6 months ahead of LEM so a few different people can do a show to same track and we can watch different peoples interpretations of same music , that would be interesting , especially since quickshow makes it a lot easier to build a show now.

Robs shows were outstanding , hes a man of many many talents , and his shows hit the spot with me , some of the best i have ever seen beating what i saw at ILDA amsterdam. Robs interpretation of Light to music and some of the effects in time to the music brought "emotion" with light , I look forward to seeing more and more as its brought things to a different level , and given me something to aim for , Id like to add also that carlb show to JMJ was also damn good.
    All sounds good to me . I'll have a word with the hall committee and try to get a date pencilled in. What time would we need to have the hall from on the Friday?

Audiance scanning happens constantly at other LEMs , as we all accept the risks , but if visitors to this LEM are expected to be commonplace its not fair to expect them to run any risk AT ALL as they wont be aware that they are putting themselves at risk .... but could it be possible to have a one evening scanning night if the lems being extended or limit the scanning to 2 hours one night so those who chose not to be scanned have the option to avoid.

Paul
    I for one didn't miss audience scanning one little bit. However, I appreciate that Al had designed his shows with audience scanning in mind and that they didn't look quite as he had expected when viewed as overhead beams. To be quite honest, nobody mentioned audience scanning throughout the entire weekend, so I can only assume that nobody was bothered about it. It certainly made the shows safer having them overhead only. I guess if enough people want it we can try to put some time aside at the next meet. I suggest them that want it do the calculations and the risk assessment

Seriously though, as Paul suggests, if we're thinking of having others attend from outside our group i'm not entirely sure it's a good idea, but as always, i'm happy to go with the majority.

Quote Originally Posted by danielbriggs View Post
    Jem,
    PM me your PayPal address...
    Dan, what do you want my PayPal address for?

Cheers

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

why are there so many flies up north?

look what they have done to my car

Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Andy
    You are such a girl.
    Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

lol

i do a fair bit of driving for my job and my car has never been like that.

so that must mean there are more flies up north than down south ;-)
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

ShowLEM 2012...

A thought that occurred to me was if the meet is longer next year we could perhaps incorporate a training session (or three) in some aspect of laser work. There's the nice meeting room upstairs that we could make use of. Maybe an hours masterclass in how to put a show together in QS, or perhaps how to make advanced beam effects/abstracts etc.

Would need people to volunteer that were prepared to host the classes though.

Cheers

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Quote Originally Posted by Lasermad View Post
    Jem

Paul
    If external visitors are due then the answer would be to have a BAM at 1 MPE as then there aren't any risks as this is the accepted safe standard for all theatres, pubs, clubs etc.

At other times it could be open to negotiation with the attendees agreeing to the level of risk - it would be nice to have something higher than 1 MPE here but within the 10 MPE standard to still maintain some element of safety within accepted standards. I don't think anyone would expect us to do it fly by night.

My shows apart, I like to see shows how they are designed and with overhead that doesn't happen unless they were designed to be viewed overhead. Sure most looked very nice projected that way, however just noting that it doesn't work for everything.
    Last edited by White-Light; 07-05-2011 at 07:21. Reason: PS hope I haven't written anything offensive or aggresive here as I'm just recovering from sedation!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    ShowLEM 2012...

A thought that occurred to me was if the meet is longer next year we could perhaps incorporate a training session (or three) in some aspect of laser work. There's the nice meeting room upstairs that we could make use of. Maybe an hours masterclass in how to put a show together in QS, or perhaps how to make advanced beam effects/abstracts etc.

Would need people to volunteer that were prepared to host the classes though.

Cheers

Jem
    subject to mark being there as theres nothing he doesnt know aobut livepro, im happy to do a A&S session on livepro if people need any help.

i know most things about livepro
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Quote Originally Posted by White-Light View Post
    ... but within the 10 MPE standard to still maintain some element of safety within accepted standards.
    The 10x MPE isn't a standard, at the moment it's simply a suggestion put forward by the ILDA. To be legal in the UK we'd have to abide by the UK standards .

Thanks for the offer of LivePRO training Andy. You'll have to lose that Essex accent though . Oh, and as for the flies... They provide a valuable source of protein up here in Yorkshire, we'll be sending you an invoice for exporting so many

Cheers

Jem