Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: UK ShowLEM - J40 M1. West Yorkshire...

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    The 10x MPE isn't a standard, at the moment it's simply a suggestion put forward by the ILDA. To be legal in the UK we'd have to abide by the UK standards .

Thanks for the offer of LivePRO training Andy. You'll have to lose that Essex accent though . Oh, and as for the flies... They provide a valuable source of protein up here in Yorkshire, we'll be sending you an invoice for exporting so many

Cheers

Jem
    First Post on PL & First LEM. All within a few days.

Firstly, thanks to Jem for organising the LEM, and for the fabulous food, especially at the BBQ (although think I overdid it when I got home and ate another large meal the missus had made).

It was great to meet everyone, thanks for making me so welcome.

(andy_con - if you were going south and were collecting the flies, does that mean the flies were going northbound ? If so, why ?)

Regarding the issue of audience scanning (& considering that I am a relative newbie so please be kind) would a possible work around be use multiple projection zones eg above head & second ones for floor in front of running area. If this 'low' area was inaccessible during the shows does this not meet the requirements ? Only a thought.

Thanks again all,

Mark.

I was very happy with all the beam shows being overhead and I don't think it detracts any of the pleasure of watching the shows.
    The two shows of Al's (White light) that where more in time to the music where still a pleasure to watch on Sunday.

I won't be pushing for audience scanning my self but if others would like to see AS then I don't have a problem with it.

Carl
    2 x Stanwax Laser 3W RGB's
    2 x OPT 10W RGB
    Pangolin FB3QS + Live Pro
    1.3W Laser Harp

Quote Originally Posted by markmtts View Post

Mark.
    Hi Mark

Welcome aboard PL

It was an absolute pleasure to have you with us at the ShowLEM, and thank you soooo much for the loan of the amplifier and mixer for the weekend. Hopefully you'll keep popping in here and it would be great if you could make it to future LEM's.

Cheers

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Quote Originally Posted by markmtts View Post

Regarding the issue of audience scanning (& considering that I am a relative newbie so please be kind) would a possible work around be use multiple projection zones eg above head & second ones for floor in front of running area. If this 'low' area was inaccessible during the shows does this not meet the requirements ? Only a thought.
    Hi Mark,

Welcome aboard.

Yep that was my thought, have 2 projection zones:

1. From the top of the head height of the tallest person present to the ground at some kind of acceptable MPE standard

2. A second from top of the head height of the tallest person present to the ceiling at 100%

The 10x MPE isn't a standard, at the moment it's simply a suggestion put forward by the ILDA. To be legal in the UK we'd have to abide by the UK standards .

Thanks for the offer of LivePRO training Andy. You'll have to lose that Essex accent though . Oh, and as for the flies... They provide a valuable source of protein up here in Yorkshire, we'll be sending you an invoice for exporting so many

Cheers

Jem
    Yep I realise that 10 MPE isn't legal for public shows and is just a new ILDA standard. However, I was thinking that within the confines of a closed private show environment, provided everyone consented, maybe a level within than boundary could be adopted on a consensual basis.

In the event of non members ie guests being present, the BAM could be adjusted down to MPE.

The easy way to set this up to my mind would be to take 2 measurements at initial set up to discover the higher and lower settings eg. 40% and 10% so that eg should guests appear, the BAM could be easily remapped within a few seconds.

. Oh, and as for the flies... They provide a valuable source of protein up here in Yorkshire, we'll be sending you an invoice for exporting so many
    Maybe that's why all the Southerners want your PayPal address, they're paying their export duties!

BTW, I'm willing to contribute a little more to help cover the extra.

Al.

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

Exclamation

Red tape and bureaucracy is the death of enjoyment for enthusiasts.

All UK LEM's have been successful so far without the introduction of anything "legal" and those attending know the risks but we are all Big Boys and don't bugger about.

All this talk of MPE's and zones is starting to worry me and may signal the end of the enthusiasts LEM's as we know it if we start to go down the route of having to protect outsiders.

If it's a choice then I'd be inclined to side with the opinion of "Sorry boys and girls but you can't come in cus it's too dangerous for ambulance chasers to attend".

Just my 2p's worth .............

Quote Originally Posted by soforene View Post
    Goddamn piece of shit Honda !!
    Would you believe I've just arrived home (24 hours after departing from the Showlem) after a most horrendous journey.

Anyhoo I'll add my thanks to Jem and his good lady wife for the terrific nosh (I'm converted to cream cheese on nibblies) and to all the usual assortment of vagabonds and ne'er do wells for making it another successful laser meet.

Next time I'll come by Taxi !!
    Crikey!
    Doesn't sound like a fun return journey
    - There is no such word as "can't" -
    - 60% of the time it works every time -

Cheers

Jem
    Q&A rather than training, im not a trainer
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Q & A would also be good
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Im happy to pitch in with Q& A or some basics from a more trainingy point of view
    Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by andy_con View Post
    im not a trainer
    More of a flip-flop
    A little bit werrrr, a little bit weyyyyyy, a little bit arrrrgggghhh