Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: UK ShowLEM - J40 M1. West Yorkshire...

No worries Adam, the offer's good anytime your able to make it

A 'live' lase off sounds like fun and i'm sure we'll have time to fit it in. Don't want the format of the meet to be too rigid, just want to keep the emphasis on shows so the meet has a purpose and it's slightly different to Surfleet.

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Quote Originally Posted by soforene View Post
    Yes please Mr Stan.
    But no mucking about.
    A proper show to a proper tune.
    All the way through with no false starts or second goes.

I'd even forego a door prize (if there are going to be any?) to be awarded to the best live laser jam.

Only prob is those of us with only one measly laser will not stand a chance against the mighty multi laser setups that a few have now - unless there is a category lase off
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

You Dimbo, Jimbo !!
    I'm guessing that the assembled masses (well, we can dream) will all use the same "in House" equipment with the only diffference being the skill of the operator.

It may be that some folks are more adept at LivePro whilst others may prefer to use whatever other Live Show software there is (can you tell I'm a Pango Boy?) but the skill would be judged purely on the end result and not the software used.

Get the crowds (well, we can still dream can't we) up and boogying and you're onto a winner !!

I'm guessing that the assembled masses (well, we can dream) will all use the same "in House" equipment with the only diffference being the skill of the operator.
    Pretty much exactly what was going through my mind. Using the new link up boards it should pretty much be a simple case of unplugging one computer and plugging another one in. That's assuming someone can bring some of those new fangled link up boardy thingies .
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Ooopps its starting to get complicated ...

"It may be that some folks are more adept at LivePro"

Gonna need a handicap system like golf if mark turns up

paul
    In the beginning there was none. Then came the light - #1 UKLEM - 2007
    BUY UK LEGAL LASER POINTER :: NEW - Blue 460nm Laser Pointers

Well Paul, i'm rubbish with LivePRO, but i'm prepared to make a fool of myself for the cause

I always set out to prepare a show, but then the utter randomness of my brain takes over and I just end up tinkering with cues in a manic mad professor sort of way - great fun!

Jem

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Lasermad View Post
    ....Gonna need a handicap system like golf if mark turns up
    Marks a pretty fair guy so I'm sure he'd agree to a few provisoes to level the playing field.
    Perhaps he'd agree to wear a pair of Industrial Ear Defenders.
    And a Blindfold covered by a thick black bin liner.

And Boxing Gloves.

Quote Originally Posted by Lasermad View Post
    Ooopps its starting to get complicated ...

"It may be that some folks are more adept at LivePro"

Gonna need a handicap system like golf if mark turns up

paul
    My 2p ....
    ....Im happy with the overall idea...
    ....Im happy to watch shows for a while...but I get my kicks hitting cues and makin the photons flow to music, so in favour of us all having a go LIVE if people want too...

Once the kit is hooked up...we dont have to stick to Live Pro...it takes seconds to swap Laptops and dacs/fb3's... we can use whatever people are comfortable with be it QS, Live Pro, Moncha whatever! why limit the posibilities? it would be far more FUN to have a a bit of diversity surely
    K
    Move toward the light!

a pair of Industrial Ear Defenders.
    a Blindfold covered by a thick black bin liner.
    And Boxing Gloves
    Can't see why not, he's often seen prowling Cambridge in the wee hours dressed in exactly that outfit with only his tight red speedos keeping him from a night in a 8x8 cell.

Strange lot the LivePro boys..

O.K. Folks, let's talk about a date...

I suggest we go for the weekend of Saturday 2nd and Sunday 3rd July 2011. This date appears to cause least conflict with people who have PM'd me, and also with our possible 'V.I.P.' guests.

So, unless there is a major call of 'Don't hold it on those dates', i'll get the hall booked. I'll give it a couple of days here first, just to make sure that it's o.k. with the majority. If anyone knows of a MAJOR reason why it should not be held at the time stated please let me know by PM or email as soon as possible.

Cheers

Jem