Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: UK ShowLEM - J40 M1. West Yorkshire...

Quote Originally Posted by rupert morse View Post
    your method is 100% correct all your missing is after effect. thay only used 2 lasers
    on Robbie. the big trick is vertical flare
    i will be useing 2x 4w rgb so might try and get some colour in

yeah i didnt use any smoke to create the effect.

cant wait to see it in different colours, if you need a hand on set just let me know lol
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    O.K. Folks, let's talk about a date...

I suggest we go for the weekend of Saturday 2nd and Sunday 3rd July 2011.
    hI jEM,
    I like this date too, doesn't conflict with my other holiday plans i can see sofar, so i would love to be there too. Looks like it's going to be a very interesting LEM.

Kind regards from the Netherlands,
    Dimitri
    I didn't fail !
    I just found out 10,000 ways that didn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by stanwax View Post
    what about a live lase off?
    After we have watched the good shows loads and 'we are the champions' once then we can have maybe an hour or so with just some random tunes thrown at us and the ones of us that do live shows can jam. Yes we do this at the normal meets but in a haphazard way so if all the projectors are in one place and set up nice from the beam shows it would look either fabulous or really rubbish (if we are crap)
    thoughts anyone?
    Rob
    i love the idea of a laser jam i would like to submit a mix for you to consider.
    all so it would be cool if work out how many lasers and different controllers we have and all program a 2 or 3 minit section so we have a show we all have programed
    we can use timecode or midi to trigger
    the show should have all types of music our favourite i can mix and edit so all suggestion let me know

Easy now Rupe - we might have to work out an old school head to head for the masses!

I just got be a spangly PM22 to play with.

O.K., Hall is booked and date is confirmed for Saturday 2nd and Sunday 3rd July 2011

More details will follow, but please put the date in your diary now if you think you may want to attend.

Cheers

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Hi Jem,

I talked to Kev (and Cathy his wife) when they were in Amsterdam last week.
    Wouldn't it be nice if we ask Graham to mix some tunes and then let the people with their own setups (QM, FB3, Easylase) "follow" the music ?
    That way you never know what's coming making it a fair competition as opposed to play known songs so people could "study" on the songs at home ?

Would be nice to see what people come up with ?
    Just an idea i wanted to share.

Will be putting this in the agenda and make the necessary bookings with DFDS Seaways.
    I didn't fail !

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

Cool

Whilst the idea is good would there be the duration to make a mix?
    Don't forget that peeps are going to be listening to the tune several times (if 10 of us want to have a go at being the laser DJ then it will mean playing the tune 10 times) so it will need to be kept fairly short (3 mins?).
    The only 3 minute mixes I usually hear are the megamix types (40 tunes in 3 mins) which won't lend itself well to a smooth laser show.

Far better (IMHO) to get someone to select a tune on the day (perhaps Jem as our spiritual leader for this event) and everyone has a bash at that.
    No forewarning means it will be a level playing field.

i just meant let Graham mix his songs and we all have a go for a fixed amount of time, but also the idea of you i like where a premade mix is made available and everyone has a go, but if it's the same mix, people in the end can profit because they have seen the mix 9 times before. When graham does his thing this advantage is also gone so then it's a real level playing field.

But i don't mind what is chosen to do, as long as we have fun !
    I am totally crap at live performances so i can only learn from this experience and watch other people to their thing, but i do want to give it a try ofcourse (even if this means making an arse out of myself).
    I didn't fail !

Id love to see this live if anyone would like the challange of recreating it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNToXsAY7xI

Tim walsh ,animusic laser show

In the beginning there was none. Then came the light - #1 UKLEM - 2007
    BUY UK LEGAL LASER POINTER :: NEW - Blue 460nm Laser Pointers

Quote Originally Posted by soforene View Post
    Far better (IMHO) to get someone to select a tune on the day (perhaps Jem as our spiritual leader for this event) and everyone has a bash at that.
    No forewarning means it will be a level playing field.
    Now, where did I put that Barry Manilow collection

Seriously though, we can do whatever people want. However, I still have to try and maintain that this meet is meant to be different to a normal LEM, and it has principally been organised as a ShowLEM. Having said that, I do quite like the idea of a laser 'Jam' and would see no objection to Graham playing a few 'tunes' during the bits between playing organised shows.

I'll shortly be posting more details about the location of the hall etc., and i'll also be working out a required equipment list. This should help to keep equipment that people have to bring to an absolute minimum.

Cheers

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001