Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: UK ShowLEM - J40 M1. West Yorkshire...

Just a short post to keep this in people's minds....

Hall is booked and i'll be posting some more details once the Surfleet LEM (1st, 2nd & 3rd April) is over.

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Do we need to pay up beforehand like Surfleet?
    Can't be having you out of pocket for months on end Jem
    - There is no such word as "can't" -
    - 60% of the time it works every time -

No worries on this one Dan, I'm happy for folks to pay when they arrive or at some point during the course of the weekend. I know there's enough support to be able to pay for the hall so i'm fairly chilled out about it .

Besides, even if there's only a few of us it's gonna be a bl**dy good couple of days
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Sure is Jembobalina!

I am certainly looking forward to it all
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!

Yeah, same here....
    Looking forward to it.... and booking the ferry soon...
    I didn't fail !
    I just found out 10,000 ways that didn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by hobbybob View Post
    ..... and booking the ferry soon...
    You really ought to try and get a deal that gets you to Hull

The cheapest i found was close to 500 euro, i now found out i can use my Roadservice card (is that RAC in UK ?) to get a 20% discount, plus an additional 5% this month.
    Costing me 375 euro. If i don't take a cabin it will be cheaper, but then i will have to entertain myself from 17.30hrs at night until 9 o'clock the next morning, sleeping in the car is forbidden. And i think it's unresponsible to drive after a night without sleep.

Now i also received an offer today to go over again from Dunkirque to Dover with the Ferry.

Costing me 64 Euro's (roundtrip). mmm... 311 euros left to spent on diesel to drive 1000km's, presents for you guys and some nice laserstuff thingamajiggies from my good friend rob aka tha StanWax Master Wiggity Wax. (or maybe some tools for my cnc router thingy).

Ok i will have to drive 750KM, so 1500km max, roundtrip.
    Taking the boat to Hull still will require me to drive 400 (200km roundtrip Hull-wakefield, and from my place to the harbour).
    The difference is 1100km, costing me 100 euros in Diesel (i get a bad mileage because i always speed.... should try to drive like a normal bloke once in a while).

But i get to see some of the english road, confirm that England has traffic jams too (dartford bridge/tunnel) and can take my stuff ;-)

Unless i get a very good deal, costing me around 200 MAX incl. boat AND cabin i am just going the "usual" route (he said like he drives to the UK weekly ;-)

I really don't mind and maybe if i pickup someone along the route that likes to share costs with me, it's even cheaper ;-) Since the ferry price is 64 euro for 1 car and up to 4 people roundtrip !

I do appreciate your care, but my wallet just isn't cutting it at the moment, and i don't want to miss the Showlem OR the usual LEM.

I wish i was a bit richer and not so handsome ;-)
    Last edited by hobbybob; 01-21-2011 at 07:52.
    I didn't fail !

Soooooo looking forward to this Jem !

Like a big kid waiting on christmas !

In the beginning there was none. Then came the light - #1 UKLEM - 2007
    BUY UK LEGAL LASER POINTER :: NEW - Blue 460nm Laser Pointers

Quote Originally Posted by hobbybob View Post
    Taking the boat to Hull still will require me to drive 400 (200km roundtrip Hull-wakefield, and from my place to the harbour).
    How much is it as a foot passenger (you won't need much gear for this LEM)? I could always arrange to meet you off the ferry in Hull.

...and not so handsome ;-)
    Cough, splutter....

Hey Paul

You're not alone in looking forward to this one, it should be fun !

Jem

Hi Jem,

As a footpassenger, with a 2 person hut (meaning you will have to share with unknown person) the price is:

Rotterdam
    Heenreis: do 30 jun @ 21:00
    Hull
    Heenreis: zo 03 jul @ 21:00

Hull
    Aankomst: vr 01 jul @ 08:00
    Rotterdam
    Aankomst: ma 04 jul @ 08:15

12h 0m
    10h 15m

€ 258,00

Overage informatie:
    Accommodatie aan boord / zitplaats van '2 bed hut (Binnen, standaard Class, Stapelbedden) - Van € 127' is gebruikt voor de heenreis bij deze prijsopgave. Accommodatie aan boord / zitplaats

258 euro !
    So same price as with the car, but i cannot bring my kit.
    If i don't want to bring gear i can better fly to uk, is only 149 or something like that.
    If i were to do that, what airfield should i aim for.

Still i think driving is ok. But if i want to change to flying at least i know what airport to take.
    I didn't fail !