Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: UK ShowLEM - J40 M1. West Yorkshire...

looking great guys, nice photo's, although i am here on holiday i would love to attend the lem.
    lets see if we can match this sat 23rd at pj's

Michel

Quote Originally Posted by danielbriggs View Post
    Rob accidentally opened Chroma...!

briggs im still laughing at this.
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

Goddamn piece of shit Honda !!
    Would you believe I've just arrived home (24 hours after departing from the Showlem) after a most horrendous journey.

Anyhoo I'll add my thanks to Jem and his good lady wife for the terrific nosh (I'm converted to cream cheese on nibblies) and to all the usual assortment of vagabonds and ne'er do wells for making it another successful laser meet.

Next time I'll come by Taxi !!

gashead is offline Admin Verified: Best Accent Ever(Tm)

Damn,

Missed the groupshot! teach me for sleeping in on Sunday morning !

Back to normal now, straight to work this morning after sleeping in (at Premier Inn in Carlisle) - Room overlooked a graveyard so perhaps thats why it was cheap!

Missing the Photons already!

Thanks to everyone who made it, it was brill seeing you all again.. a huge thanks to Jem for organisation and brilliant food (and beer!).

Can't wait till Surfleet.

Till then lads,

Ka kite ano. (Bit of Aborigine, jus for Con.)

Nige.

i luv aussies

Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Good photos Con. You've only got another 794 to upload now...
    - There is no such word as "can't" -
    - 60% of the time it works every time -

do you want em all uploaded chop?
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

No Dezzer.
    - There is no such word as "can't" -
    - 60% of the time it works every time -

Great to see everybody again and remind myself why I'm trying so hard to get my projector ready for the next Surfleet meet.

Special thanks for the play on LivePro, will be getting dirty salvaging a touch screen from some machinery later this week in anticipation of needing it later on... Loved the idea of mounting it in a mixer flight rack.

Now if only i could get the image of Big Bertha in her pink hot pants unburned off my retinas it would be perfect

Hey Guys

Thanks for all your kind words, much appreciated . Thank you as well for thanking my wonderful wife, Janet, for the catering. I know how much trouble she went to, working tirelessly throughout the weekend to make sure everyone was well fed. It's nice for her to know how much it was appreciated.

On a more personal basis, I had a thoroughly enjoyable (and relatively stress free) weekend thanks to everyone pitching in to both set up at the start and to tidy the hall when we'd finished. Special thanks must go to Rob, without his help the LEM couldn't have happened. Thanks to Dan for his technical expertise in getting the live feed up and running. Also, thanks to all who contributed by providing gear so that others could travel light. If i've missed anyone I sincerely apologise and I give my thanks to you as well.

It's a shame a few of our 'regulars' couldn't be with us due to other committments. However, I think we have enough support to be able to organise another of these ShowLEM's. It was very different to Surfleet (which is exactly what we wanted) and I think this LEM will gain support in its own right. I know I had a few people mention that they would have liked to invite people to watch some of the shows. Maybe we can use this event to showcase what is possible to potential clients - by invitation only.

One of our 'impromptu' visitors was an elderly next door neighbour who used to be the caretaker of the hall. He was absolutely blown away by the lasers and pointed out that he's never seen anything quite so visually stunning in his entire life.

Finally, it was suggested that perhaps the event would have been better if we could have arrived on the Friday evening and left slightly later on the Sunday. I've mentioned this to the hall commitee and they would be delighted to welcome us back at any time, and now that they've met us they would even give us priority over other regular users of the hall. The caretaker has especially asked me to thank everyone for respecting the hall and leaving it in such a fantastic condition

Let me know what you think.

Cheers

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001